Chapter 40(drug store)

Jenna POV
We had to stop and rest because Carl complained of a stomach ache.

"Feeling any better buddy?" I asked as Carl had his head in my lap.

He just moaned and shook his head.

Rick was pacing back and forth, it was driving me crazy. "Rick. Why don't you just sit. Calm down for a little." I said patting the ground next to me.

I ran my fingers through carls hair, it seemed to soothe him a little.

Rick sat down next to me and started biting his finger nails. I grabbed his hand and interlocked his fingers with mine. "He's going to be okay. I promise." I said with a reassuring smile.

He just nodded and looked down at Carl. He had started to fall asleep luckily, but I could see him sweating.

"Here." I said as I lifted carls head and stood up. I placed Carl with rick and grabbed the rifle.

"Where are you going?" Rick asks worried.

"I saw a drug store about five minutes back. I promise rick I'll be right back." I replied.

"Jenna please don't go." Rick argued.

I walked over and kneeled down.

"He needs the medicine. I'm going. So stay here and I'll be back within twenty minutes." I placed a soft kiss on his lips and hugged him.

"Please don't die." He whispered into my hair.

"I won't. I love you." I said as I stood back up.

"Twenty minutes im coming to look for you." Rick called after me.

"I'll be back." I yelled back.

I started my limp towards the drug store. My leg was burning but I had to keep going, for Carl.

Rick POV
I saw her walk away with her limp and my heart started to drop. This may be the last time I see her alive.

A Carl started to cough and shake, I put my worries aside and remembered why she was doing this.

*and hour later*

I was completely freaking out. it's been an hour and Jenna hasn't returned. Carl is too sick for me to go away so I'm really praying she comes back alive.

Just then I heard rustling in front of me. I squinted my eyes and let out a long breath when I saw the familiar green eyes I have been longing for. She threw the bag down and fell to her knees.

"Oh my god, Jenna." I cried as I noticed blood all over her body.

"It's not mine." She whispered opening the bag.

"Who's is it?" I asked grabbing her hand, she jerked away as if out of reflex and didn't answer my question.

She pulled out a small clear bottle and a syringe. She filled the syringe up to 2cc's and crawled next to Carl.

"Wait, what is that?" I asked as she stuck the needle into carls arm.

"It's what's going to make him better." She said with a blank expression.

Jenna seemed out of it, like she wasn't here all the way.

After about 15 minutes Carl started to feel a little cooler and was able to stand up.

"Thank you Jenna." Carl said sitting next to her. But she didn't say anything.

"Jenna, Carl said thank you." I said kneeling in front of her.