Finally Put To Rest

Ray
I am asked for DNA samples from Carla and I ask why and they think she is amongst the numerous bodies buried in the Lincoln yard. Anastasia handed me strands of her hair and give that to the officer and he bags it up. Sadly Carla disappeared shortly after I finished the very last painting of her and she was upset that I painted her in various positions and nude and in vey great details. It was nearly a photographic painting of every part of her body and I think how it looked when it was finally completed. It disappeared the night she did. I always thought the Lincoln's had something to do with her disappearance and the painting.

Anastasia
I know that dad is in pain thinking about mom. He told me that his last paint of her disappeared the same time she did. There was no trace of her or the painting. It's like she disappeared into thin air.

My hair proved to be the daughter of the body they found buried at the Lincoln's. They are slowly identifying the bodies and the bones. We will be notified when they release the bones and can give her a peaceful burial. They didn't know how she died yet. Dad can rest knowing we can lay her to rest with our family soon.

Gideon
I am at the land where we had the water issue and Rogers has gotten all the lines for utilities taken care of and the meters and they are building my new home and it is bigger than the Lincoln's house. I notice someone standing on the Lincoln roof. How did they get there? I see a policeman grabbing whoever it is and he pulls them inside the window. They have sped away with whoever it was in the squad car. How did they get into the gates and then the house.

Rogers
I tell Gideon that that wasn't the first time that they caught someone at the Lincoln's house. They are still finding odd passageways to the house. They want to get a warrant to check the Steele's home and the land we are building on. They think there are passages leading from the water heading to the streets and each house. We think that there is a passage leading to all three properties. We just haven't found it yet. Gideon has an idea and makes a call.

Gideon
I need an item that detects passageways anywhere and soon three cars arrive with just what is needed and the policemen who are watching the Lincoln house are shown how to use the equipment and they locate passageways from the Lincoln's home to the Steele's home and then to the land next door. They find stairs leading out of the ground next to the security gates. The Steele's allow the police to search and they find things they need to assure the Lincoln's are arrested for murdering Carla Steele and all the other bodies that they found. Hidden photo albums of all their victims. Some are still alive and in custody. The Lincoln's were found dead with bullet holes through their bodies. They apparently ran into the wrong teenagers. They had to be desperate. A letter was found to Ray from Richard Lincoln saying he had to take Carla and the painting. He found the passageway and grabbed Carla and the painting and kept her there until she died from her injuries from his attacks on her. All sexual in nature. A baby's body was found close to Carla. It turns out Carla was having her second child with Ray. Elena was the one who inflicted the injuries on Carla. Diaries and letters all spelled out their atrocities. Okay some of the cops get chatty. Luckily my people listen and make sure I get the important stuff.

Ray
Finally we can bury Carla and the baby boy together in the same casket and we name him Ray jr. They give me an estimate of time of birth and death. So we have a funeral for both in the family cemetery. Gideon asks me if I can identify a painting and shows me the photos of it. It is the painting, the last one I painted of her. She was pregnant and you couldn't tell it. She had all her clothes on. I just painted her nude in various pisses and showing a lot of intimate poses of her as I knew her carnally. He thinks it should be with me. He has his staff bring it in and asks me where to put it. He points to a passageway that leads to where he actually painted it and kept it. It was the same room Lincoln grabbed her and the painting. I cried as I hang it back where it should be.

Gideon
I think I see tears in both Ray and Carla's eyes and I look again. I am not imagining it. I leave so he can be with his wife. I feel a warmth flow through me and it feels like a hug from a loved one. Anastasia and Elmer are standing waiting to escort me out. Elmer introduces her babies to us and we leave them to grieve Carla and the baby boy. What a mess. No doubt about it that painting was haunting those who weren't her loved ones. She is finally back with them. I feel it in my heart and I know I did the right thing.

Carla's spirit
I am finally with Ray again, our baby boy is at peace with my bones. I am glad to know people can believe that a painting can be haunted otherwise I might be still hanging in Gideon Crosses den until I drove him crazy. I am learning this ghost stuff and I am glad that the Lincoln's were killed by teenagers who found out they had been hurting friends of theirs. They created a gang that protected teenagers from predators. They were just the tip of the iceberg.