Chapter 23: Malfoy Manor

The pain in Harry's face was blistering and despite being forcefully apparated somewhere all he could think about was Tom.

He heard their own crack of apparition and then another surge of pain as his knees hit off stone flooring. His vision felt blurry and he wasn't sure if that was because he didn't have his glasses or whatever was going on with his face.

Despite the fuzz around his vision he recognised Bellatrix Lestrange when she appeared in his line of vision.

"Why are you here?" her voice was sharp and cold.

"They said his name. These two are the ones that are supposed to be with Harry Potter, that's what the papers say innit?" a gravelly voice came from the man standing next to him.

"Go and get Draco" Harry squinted to try and see who she was talking to, but it was pointless.

He felt rough hands patting him down.

"No wand."

"It can't be him" Harry could hear anger in her voice, "Harry Potter wouldn't be without a wand. You are wasting our time."

The sound of a door opening and closing made Harry go tense. Even without a wand and with whatever Hermione had done to his face he was sure if that was Malfoy, he would be able to tell it was Harry. There's no way Malfoy wouldn't recognise him.

"Draco come here. Look at him, is it Potter?" Draco came into his line of vision. He looked closely at Harry's face and from this proximity Harry could tell he wasn't doing so well. Malfoy has always been pale, but he looked positively grey and stark purple bags had formed under his eyes.

"I don't know. I can't tell" his voice was shaky as well. He sounded a million miles away from the boy Harry had known at school.

"And them?" Draco moved away from Harry.

"That's Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger," he was speaking quietly.

"Good boy Draco. Take him down the cellar and make sure the door is locked. He doesn't have a wand but be careful."

"What about those two?" He sounded scared but whether he was scared of his aunt or just in general Harry wasn't sure.

"No no I think I need to have a little chat with them."

Harry felt the sharp tip of Malfoy's wand pointing into his back as he was walked down a set of stone steps. He didn't dare speak in case Malfoy really hadn't recognised him. He would know Malfoy's voice even if he were blindfolded and he was sure that went both ways, so he made sure not to say a sound.

The door clanged open, and Malfoy pushed Harry inside before slamming it shut.

"Hello?" a voice came from somewhere in the dark behind him it sounded vaguely familiar but not overly so.

"Hello? Who is that?" Harry replied, his own voice sounded gravely as he realised how thirsty he was.

"Garrick Ollivander and there's also a goblin by the name of Griphook in here." Harry swithered not knowing whether to admit who he was.

His train of thought over whether to tell them his real name was cut off when he heard high pitch screaming and the unmistakable sound of Ron shouting. Harry froze. He couldn't think of what to do. How was he going to get out here? Panic and nausea flowed over him in waves. Breaks in Hermione's screaming actually made him feel worse. He didn't like not knowing what was going on up there.

He heard footsteps coming towards the door and he moved away quickly in case his face could be seen. It didn't feel sore anymore so Harry assumed whatever Hermione had done had worn off.