CHAPTER 07

I felt like Evie was up to no good. I smell a strong bad vibe with her. While I'm thinking deeply. Rodd hugged me from behind.

"I wonder, who stole my wife's mind while her handsome husband is here?" He said this as I looked at him with a sigh.

"Yeishhhh, stop watching too many dramas." I said that and returned to my room as he followed me. My gut is telling me that I should send Evie back to my stepmother. As the days went on, I felt a heavy behaviour change in Evie, and Rodd was struck with his work. It's been a month since I saw him last. Even he won't call me. I am becoming so lonely.

On one fine morning, I felt so nauseous, and my stomach was doing something. I couldn't sleep as I threw up. I felt so weak. I called Rodd, but he was out of reach, so I called Aaran. He drove fast from work to home and took me to the hospital.

As I told her my symptoms, she checked my pulse rate and everything.

"Congratulations, dear; you're going to be a mother." She told me and asked me to call the guardian for me. As Aaran entered the doctor's cabin.

"He... " While the doctor was trying to figure him out, I said he was my brother-in-law.

"Where is your husband?" She asked me.

"He went on a business trip." I said in a bitter tone as she let out an annoyed sigh and told me to wait outside.

"Mr. She is so weak and has anaemia. Is she eating or not? She doesn't have any blood in her body at all. If this situation continues, eventually she will die. Now she is pregnant too. I don't get what kind of person your brother is. But take care of your sister-in-law. Otherwise, it will be so critical for her to keep the baby." She said, "Well, literally yelled," as Aaran came out with a happy face yet a little sadness in his face.

"What happened? Isn't it happy news?" I asked him as he smiled.

"Nothing to worry about, Sister. It's just normal advice." He said it with a red face.

He told me to wait for a call and go somewhere. While I was waiting for him to call, I received a call from Rodd's number. Before I could attend the call, it got disconnected. When I tried to call him again, I couldn't reach him as Aaran got in the car urgently.

"What happened?" I asked him, but he didn't answer me.

"What happened? I got a call from Rodd, but I couldn't reach him again. Tell me what is happening here." I asked him.

"Sister, let's talk on the way." He said this as he started the car.