CHAPTER 11

Even though we killed assassins, unfortunately, one of them escaped from us. I killed him now... Rodd was somehow shocked, but Aaran was totally shocked.

"Continue your story, Viola," Rodd said.

"As I said, I had to enter this world to relive my mother. One day I was assigned the task of killing one politician. But somehow, that politician got to know our plan. He planned one step ahead. But my mom has learned about this. In order to save me. She died at the hands of that politician. Her last words were "Viola, Go get married, give birth to children, but never enter this world. Mafia World should be your past, not your future." I gave my word to my mom as she let out her last breath. I lost her. After a few days, I got a call from your uncle saying that he is my mom's best friend and he had something to say. We both met at XXX restaurant. He told me that I have to marry Rodd, and it's my mom's last wish. I knew about you. At that time, you were gaining power in the mafia world, where you became Mafia King. I had many doubts because my mom's last words were never enter the mafia world. But what your uncle is telling me is totally the opposite. So I told him, "You are lying." I said that my mom would never accept me marrying someone from the Mafia. But he showed me the ring that my mom brought for my marriage. It looked like she had another plan in mind. She must have thought, No one can protect me other than you. That's why she prepared everything before her death." I said this as I started to cry.

"But why have you not told me anything?" He asked me.

"I didn't want to share my past, and I know very well that you know everything about me. Even I know that you are cross checking." I said as I wiped my tears.

Aaran held my hand, I hadn't expected this action from him. "Sister.." He called and cried on my shoulder.

"Aaran, I haven't finished talking." Rodd gritted his teeth as I looked at him. Aaran held my hand strongly.

"I have told you everything. Now you can decide what you have to do. Including keeping me or divorcing me. It's your choice." I said this as Rodd's eyes grew colder.