CHAPTER 12

I said everything, to Rodd, and I let him decide what we should do. As I expected, Rodd's decision disappointed me. Yes, he chose me instead of his ego. (I think I got you.)

"When I got married to you, I knew everything about you. I accepted you as you. There is no change in that, and I really understand you and am proud of your decision. What I really wanted was for you to share everything with me. I wanted you to feel like I was your home." He said it and kissed me on the lips.

"Wait. Now I want my answer." As he frowned his brow, I said.

"Where were you for the last few days?" I asked him.

"Hmmmmm, first let me talk with my child, then." He said that and touched my baby bump.

We both went to our rooms.

While he is talking with my baby bump, he says, "Now, tell me. Where were you?" I asked him.

"I was assigned a mission." He said.

"Lying, you are the Mafia King. Who dares assign you a mission?" I asked him, and he gave me a smile as an answer.

"Tell me."

"You will know, when the time comes." He said that and went to wash up.

I don't know, Now he knows everything about me, but I feel distance between us. I know it's because he's still hesitating to open up to me. I was laying on the bed. He came and lay beside me and put his arm around me. He caressed my baby bump.

"Wait, you still have connections in the Mafia world?" he asked me.

"Yes. I do."

"Cut all the ties from Mafia World," he said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"What do you mean by asking why? We have to protect our baby at any cost. "Even my enemies know that you are pregnant."

"So what? What do you take me for? Am I not capable of protecting my own child?" I asked him.

"I know you are capable of protecting our child, but we can't take a risk." He sighed, and I frowned at him as he kissed my forehead.

"Viola, honey.... We are both from Mafia. We have many enemies. We have to protect our child." He said that and kissed me on the neck.

I pushed him away. "Rodd... Then will you cut your ties with the mafia too?" I asked him.

"Come on, viola, if I cut ties with the mafia world, then how will we protect our child?" he asked me.

"Then why are you asking me only to cut ties?" I asked him.

"Viola." He groweled.

"Rodd, you are giving me a headache. Just get out. You are stressing me." I said this and turned away from him as he went out of the room. Tears formed in my eyes.

Here, Rodd called someone very tensed.

"Hello"

"Did you succeed?" asked the person on the line.

"I think Viola won't agree to cut ties with the Mafia world," Rodd said.

"Rodd, I gave you this mission because I want a 100% success rate, not your reasons. If you can't do this, Leave it to me. I can choose another one," that person said.

"Madam, give me some time. I'm begging. I can't live without her." He said the call got cut.