CHAPTER 15

I heard that Evie had hanged herself. I fainted in shock. When I opened my eyes. Rodd held my hand nervously.

"What happened to Evie?" I asked him.

"She is okay. She was admitted to the hospital." He said.

"I want to see her. Take me to her." I said.

"Honey, Honey. Don't stress yourself. You need to calm down. Please stay still." He said.

"No, I can't stay calm; still, I see her. I want to see her now." I yelled.

"Okay. Okay, you can. Wait still," he said, and he went out of the room. He returned with a fake smile and said, "Honey, whatever happens, You should be calm. It will hurt our child." as I nodded.

He seated me in a wheel chair and took me to the ICU ward. Where my stepmother and my father stood like statues. One nurse prepared me to go to the ICU.

"Honey, You must be strong. Whatever happens, you should make sure that our child isn't affected by any incident." Rodd said this and kissed my forehead.

The nurse pushed my wheelchair, and I got into the ICU. My eyes teared up as I saw Evie's soulless state. You guys may think, Why is Violo getting sad just because of her rude stepsister? Trust me, before my marriage, Evie never acted this way. After marriage, I saw a new side of Evie. Back at home, She is my emotional support, and she has always stood up for me. Even though I was involved in the Mafia and killed many people, I felt like a human only because of her care and the way she made sure that I ate my food. continuously checking me. In a simple word, she is my angel, and she is the only reason that I stayed in that house.

I even wondered many times, Did my leave make her act this way? While I'm getting closer to her. My heart raced, and I prayed to God that she should be all right, unconsciously. When I got near her, I saw her eyes also tear up. She tried to sit, but I didn't let her. I held her hand and looked at her.

"I know, You will never choose this as your choice. Tell me what happened." I asked her as she cried.

"Sis..ter, mummy.. mummy.." She really struggled to talk, but somehow she managed to talk.

"Mummy, she beat me and hanged me... Fortunately, our father came to my room. He rescued me." She said and showed me the bruises on her body as my eyes became red.

"No need to worry. Focus on your recovery. I will take care of everything." I assured her as she looked at me with pity eyes. I kissed her forehead. That's When I noticed my stepmother lurking behind us, tensed. I smirked. I asked one of the staff nurses for a piece of paper and a pen. I gave it to Evie.

"Write everything you want me to know. Sisters deal.. No lie... No exaggeration...

I came out with a heavy heart and held my father's hand. "Why does she have to do this?" I cried as Rodd hugged me.

"Honey, I told you.. You shouldn't stress. It will affect our child." He said.

(OMG, What is the use of him being Mafia King When he doesn't know how to read the room.)

I pinched him as he ignored me. He urged me to take me away from here. I saw my stepmother smirk.

When we reached my ward, I beat Rodd.

"How did you become Mafia King? When you can't read the room?" I asked him.

"Why should King have read the room? Wait, You are talking normal. You don't feel sad about Evie?"

"Honey, Something is off about my stepmother. She is planning something. And about Evie hanging herself... My stepmom has done that. She beat and hanged Evie. Fortunately, my father went to Evie's room and rescued her." I said.

"Wait, I don't understand anything." While Rodd was talking, Aaran entered the room.

"Sissy, Here is a message from Evie." Aaran gave me a paper.