23. Torture

(TW: More bl0od, assault and torture)

Minseo's POV

-- (2 Months later) --

I treated some of Sunghyun's wounds with a fabric to reduce the blood all around his body. The room has a full of abandoned things and it's disgusting to see. I don't even like the smell. It's been two months since we've been taken by these losers. Sunghyun and I are being tortured. A lot of traumatic experience in my whole life just to keep the book hidden. Both of us went weak and wary.

"Minseo.. I have something to tell you." His eyes blank and kept staring at the floor coldly. "Don't you ever give that book to Jihun. You should swallow up your consciousness. Think further though. I don't care if I'm going to die or else. But you need to protect that book no matter what. It's your family's prize possessions and it cannot replaced with money. Ok?" He looked at me dearly but serious. He held my hand tightly and I looked at him.

A sound of a steel rod clanging on the wall nearly to the cell. "Done talking?" It's him again. Fuck he's so annoying. The steel rod kept clanging until our ears got annoyed by that sound. Sunghyun seems unbothered but me, I kept my ears shut with my hands. Sunghyun noticed and hugged me right away. "Do you have to be like this, Jihun? Everyone you touch are being killed without mercy?"

"Actually, yes I always like this. I tortured many people including you though." He pointed the steel rod to him. "You looked so unbothered. You're one tough guy aren't you?"

Sunghyun is giving him a silent treatment, and only a stare of anger. "Hm, your boyfriend is quite interesting as I thought. He seems so tough." He chuckled again. Sunghyun clenched his fist as he wants to punch him real bad. "Both of you are getting weaker and weaker.... I like it." He smirked again. If I could just barf in front of his face because he's disgusting.

Sunghyun stood up and walked slowly towards the cell. "Just let me tell you this straight. You will go to hell once you're dead. Your sins will never be forgiven. You are nothing but a loser!"

Jihun got angrier. I tried to stand up very slowly but I can't I'm still weak. My short white dress that I wore are covered with my red blood. "Sunghyun... you should stop." I coughed. He looked at me, looking pity and he smiled bitterly.

"Boys! Take this guy to the other room. This phase is going to be fun." He laughed. "Wait what are you going to do with him! No!" Those two buffed guys opened the cell, and they tried to get him. I tried to stop them but I can't they're too strong. "No! Don't take...him. Sunghyun!"

"Minseo, run!" The gate is widely open but I don't want to leave my boyfriend behind.

I heard a lot of punches and stabs around my ear. I hear him screaming. It's traumatizing to hear. I froze and my legs are shaking trying to help Sunghyun from those guys but I can't. My chest is putting a lot of weight somehow. "AAAAH! Min...seo just run!"

I cried and cried until I got out of that place. "I'm so sorry, darling. I failed you. I couldn't tell you my last goodbye to you." Everything sucks! I hate everything that I've done!

"That girl is going away! Get her!"

I ran and ran and...

I kept running from them
I'm still running as fast as I can until those men doesn't see me.
"Hah, hah, hah." I.am.tired...at running.
"Please...some..one save me." I kept panting until I stopped and hide.
I hope someone would save me.

"We need to find that girl fast."
"We need to at least get that girl's book. There's the code that we need to unlock that door."

I heard many kicks and punches throughout the trees. I almost cried at fear. I couldn't help myself. I really need to hide. This forest is huge. Anxiety crept me out.

A huge light is almost close to me. I used my hands to block my lips. I teared up without trying to make a noice. I'm desperately need to save me from this sh*t.

"Gotcha!" The tall one caught me. Both of them grabbed my arm. They tried to find the book but good thing, I hid it very safe.

"AH! THAT HURTS!" I screamed in pain from the way they grab my arm.
Both of them got mad and punched me in my stomach. I begged and begged to stop but they keep doing it.

"Tell me where's the book and I'll let you go." The tall one grabbed my chin and held tightly. I made a death glare since I really don't like them from the start. They're greedy to get the treasure from my dad. Good thing, I was smart to hid the book with them clueless.

"Heh, do you think I would tell you Jihun? Both of you killed my dad, and I will not tell you about it." I made a smirk afterwards.

Jihun got angrier than before, while his friend keep hurting my physically until I get weaker and weaker. My body is in pain and bloody. I can't move an inch. I can't defend myself. It's been months since I got kidnapped, but still they're still don't know where the book is.

He picked a huge rock and tried to hit it on my head. After that, they ran leaving me behind. I can see my own blood running on the ground. I think I'm going to die. Still I don't want to reveal the secret from my father's book. Maybe I will join my parents in heaven. The blood is still leaking.

I guess I'm going to die then. The good news is the book was hidden. "S-some...one...save...me." I whispered.

"Hyung! I saw someone! It's a girl and stills breathing. We need to save her! I'll call the others." My vision went blurry until I get my eyes slowly closing.