Chapter 246

Blade's eyes widened as I listened closer to make sure it was where I thought it was. "You know what, I don't care anymore!" Sally said, sounding annoyed. "I'm ending this. Once and for all." She spat and I heard a small whimper. Dread settled in me as I continued listening and heard her laugh maniacally.

    "Any last words?" Sally said. There were small whimpers from Fundy, but he didn't say anything. "No?" She said and I heard her chuckle. "Well then, goodbye, Fundy." She spat and my heart dropped as I heard a loud thud and a groan. "Shit," I said as my eyes widened. "Shit!" I yelled as I started to look around with a panicked expression.

    "Blade, we have to go. Now." I said, my voice trembling as I tried to hold back tears. Blade's eyes widened as he quickly understood the urgency of the situation. He nodded, quickly put his mask back on, and slipped in between the curtains and onto the stage. He started getting everyone's attention and my eyesight became blurry.

    I heard a liquid drip onto a floor and tears pooled in my eyes as a lump formed in my throat. "No, this- this isn't happening." I tried to reassure myself with a shaky voice. "Phantom?" Blade asked, poking his head through the curtains. I whipped around to look at him and he nodded.

    "Alright." I said shakily, nodding as I followed him onto the stage. I looked out to see every hero in L'Manburg watching me. "We're ready, Phantom." Diamond said with a nod and I nodded back. "I know exactly where he is, and it's a place most of you are probably not familiar with so just follow my lead, alright?" I said and everyone nodded, getting ready to use their powers if necessary.

    "I didn't know where he was before because I couldn't find anything that made sure where he was, but now I know exactly where he is." I said, glancing at Death. Death's wings were lowered, but she was still slightly on edge. "Where is it?" Rose asked curiously and I looked away, a bit guilty.

    "District 17." I said and everyone paused but nodded. "Just start heading in that direction, the rest of SBI and I will catch up in a bit." I said and they nodded, immediately starting to move, using their powers to move quicker.

    I glanced at Ph1LzA to see he was stealing glances at Death, looking a bit ashamed. Death scoffed and rolled her eyes, then grabbed Ph1LzA's hand. "We are having a long conversation about this when we get home, but for now, let's get our grandson back." She said and Ph1LzA smiled gratefully. The two shot into the air while holding hands and I looked at Blade.

    "Ready?" He asked, summoning an axe. I nodded, shifting into my ghost form and rising into the air. Blade and I then immediately set off to catch up with the rest of the group. All along, my heart was pounding and it took all of my strength to not cry.

    As we entered the poverty-stricken district, the group let me go in front. I floated above the buildings, looking at the rooftops. I listened closely again and pointed in a direction. "There." I said, immediately flying in that direction. Everyone followed me and I looked at the circle of old warehouses.

    My breath hitched as I heard it again. His voice. I glanced at the warehouse where the unmistakable sound was coming from and realised with a sinking heart it was his hideout. I quickly shook my head and ignored him for now. Fundy was more important.

    I floated down in front of a warehouse and my eyes widened as I saw them. A group of vigilantes. Most of the heroes got ready to get them out of the way if necessary and I took a step back. "Look, I know I made a mistake and I'm sorry-" I quickly said, having the sinking realisation that I was running out of time. The vigilante with purple hair rose an eyebrow in slight confusion.

"What? No, we're trying to help you."