37. Plunged Into The Light; Ashes

"You're going to pay for this!" I screamed at Pluvia.

I burst out all the energy I had and she retaliated with pouring rain. We were floating in the sky due to the amount of power and energy we were radiating. Everyone else was engaged in the battle below. I was faintly aware of the dark clouds overhead. The rain made my eyes sting but I held my end. I was not going to yield. That would never happened.

• • •
"Come on, Arnold, I thought you were better at this," I jeered at him without any pity.

"Oh, I am better than you, Carter. Tell me, has Florentyna rejected you, yet? I bet if it weren't for my exposure, she sure would have," Arnold sneered.

"You have crossed your limits already, Arnold. Talk less and focus more," I said and I struck my victory strike.

• • •

I had dreamt or rather predicted that I would die of a fire arrow. There were so many fire arrows launched, that I was sure to die tonight. It was my fate. I should've told my friends that the fateful day was drawing near. Well, I guess it will be alright. Sooner or later.

"Come one, you bone-heads smash 'em dead!" I encouraged my skeletal friends.

Suddenly, an extra-huge arrow with the fire tip whizzed towards me.

"I guess, this is it," I muttered as I spread out my arms and closed my eyes.

But the arrow never met my body. Instead, I heard a clang. My eyes flutter open to see Julian knocking the arrow with his bare hands.

"What are you doing, you dunderhead? That was my fate! My moment!" I yelled at him.

He looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. Maybe I had, who knows? He shook his head and replied sarcastically, "You're welcome!"

• • •

"Alright, you think we'll survive?" Eva squeaked out.

"We will," I replied firmly.

"If we survive this, will you buy the latest laptop in the market?" She squealed again.

"If it's in my budget," I replied back grudgingly. Why must I buy a stupid laptop when there are cool headphones to try out there?

"You think she will not dishonour our dead bodies if she kills us?" Eva asked again.

"Eva! Snap out of it!" I yelled at her as I blocked another blow from Nebula.

"Sorry, Bex!" Eva replied and attempted to slash Nebula.

• • •

"Okay honey, let's see if your sunny light or whatever it is can melt the snow," Niveo cackled.

"Oh shut up! I'm not in the mood for the stupid bantering!" I answered back and blasted her with light. "That should do the trick, hopefully."

• • •

"You think this will turn out good enough?" Freya asked me.

I grunted in response.

"We shall be back to normal won't we? As peaceful and harmonious as we were?" she asked again.

"If only we don't waste our time by building castles in the air," I replied gruffly.

"Of course, Ferdinand," she said.

I didn't bother with a reply.

• • •

"Oh I see why Ryan likes you," Pluvia smirked.