~9~

Everyone stood on the roof, trying to regain their strength as they processed everything that just happened. Simon looked at them confusedly, wondering why nobody was making moves to get away from the dangerous territory.

"Shouldn't we get out of here?" the boy was shaking, so clearly very scared.

"Why, Simon," Jace sighed.

"They're right downstairs," he honestly thought he was stood with a bunch of suicidal idiots.

"Let them come after us," the blonde shadowhunter was beginning to reevaluate why he actually helped rescue the dumbass. "They'll just turn into a bunch of fried eggs out here, I thought you said you watch movies."

Everyone had began to walk up the set of stairs now, Simon frozen in place. Clary had also stayed, racing towards Simon to pull him into an embrace.

"Well, no accounting for taste," Isabelle said, her lipstick wand in hand as she touched up her makeup. She had watched the scene between the two friends, as well as the boys. Talia had paid no attention, not having cared that much.

"Yeah, you should talk." The words from Alec's mouth were working to further solidify Talia's assumptions.

"Your makeup looks fine Isa, so do you," Talia chuckled, walking slightly closer to her.

"Just fine?" Isabelle jokingly scoffed as she put her mirror away.

"Just needs one more thing." She walked behind the shadowhunter, pulling her hair back and combing through it with her fingers as she gathered it.

"What are you doing?" Isabelle asked with a smile on her face.

"Moving your hair out of your face, gorgeous. What else?" the girl mumbled.

"How are you going to tie it?" Isabelle reasoned, attempting to ignore the butterflies in her stomach at both the action, as well as the petname.

"I always have a hair tie on my wrist silly," the Siren responded, as if it was obvious. She began to tie the hair, moving back slightly when she was done. Something had caught her eye as she did so, a small bruise on the girl's neck, more towards the back of her neck.

Talia knew that mark, she had littered them over other people's body in the past.

That had officially solidified her assumption that Isabelle was taken. She was straight. She had no interest in Talia. Whatever it was.

That was fine, she wasn't obligated to like her. Nor was she obligated to refrain from having sex with anyone else.

Because the two were never together, as much as it hurt. They never would be.

It still hurt though and Talia knew if she wanted to maintain a friendship where she still remained happy, she'd first have to distance herself and sort out her feelings. Fall out of love with Isabelle, as if the past 10 years weren't long enough.

"I... I should get home," she meekly smiled, stepping back.

"Do you have to?" Isabelle frowned.

"Yes." Isabelle had turned to face her, disappointment etched onto her face.

"Okay, I guess I've kept you long enough." Isabelle pulled her into an embrace. "Bye, I'll see you again," she whispered, almost as if she was trying to convince herself of it.

"Bye Isa. Alec, Jace." She stepped back, feeling a range of emotions swirl within her. Sadness, disappointment, heartbreak. Nothing could describe the pain she felt knowing that she had no chance with the girl she longed for. The girl who unknowingly possessed her heart and her every thought.