~14~

Isabelle had woken up first. Technically.

Whilst Talia had slipped in and out of sleep numerous times, Isabelle had been the first to actually wake up. She had lost her hold on the girl in her sleep and Talia was now facing towards the wall, cuddling into herself.

She was laying still, staring at Talia's form as she was in disbelief that the two had actually reunited. It had been a crazy couple of days. They had even both confessed their feelings but now both were too scared to make the next move.

She wanted to wake Talia up and start their day but how could she? The girl hardly slept and now she was resting.

She was waiting for Talia to turn and face her, but her eyes had quickly found a scar peeking from underneath the bra she was sleeping in, she had taken her top off after getting too hot in the night.

Her fingers moved to touch it on its own accord, dancing across the marked flesh as she wondered whether Talia knew of these marks, what had happened to her. Maybe this is what was causing the girl pain.

Talia began to shuffle at the touch, turning to face her as her eyes opened slightly before closing again. She wanted to ask but maybe this was something she should wait for Talia to open up about, rather that asking herself.

"Hey, how long have you been awake," she tiredly mumbled.

"Not long, go back to sleep," she smiled at the girl. Talia blinked once, her eyes fluttering open as she began to blink repeatedly to wash away the tired.

"No, I'm sure you're going to have to go soon with everything with Clary right now and I'd rather make the most of the time I have alone with you," she spoke, taking another moment to rub her eyes as she sat up. Sunlight was streaming into the rooms, she noticed. "I'm refusing to sleep for you missy."

"I noticed, I feel special," she chuckled. "You're also right, I haven't even checked my texts." Isabelle's hand reached out for the bedside table, searching for her phone as she picked it up and unlocked it.

"You should," Talia agreed. "You are special."

Isabelle looked up from her phone, smiling at the girl at the compliment.

"Don't get sappy on me now," she teased before announcing her texts. "You're right, Alec asked me to get back to the institute as soon as possible."

"Oh, right. Should I make you some breakfast? Mind you I only have eggs because they're the only universal products that work for any mealtime and not just breakfast." She could not have Isabelle making food again. She managed to do an alright job of the eggs, simply because they were easy to make, yet somehow she still found egg shells in it. Jace had been right, she feared.

"No no, I should hurry and get home. Why don't you come with me? We can spend the day together," she suggested, a hopeful glint in her eyes.

"Of course, let me just get ready real quick," she said, getting out of bed as she made her way towards the bathroom. She began her routine of cleansing her face, brushing her teeth, getting into a pair of white jeans and a loose top and brushing her hair out. As she was applying light makeup, she heard a knock on her front door.

"Can you get that please, I'm almost ready." She turned to Izzy who had done her hair and brushed her teeth and done her own morning routine, having applied some of Talia's makeup as well. She was just going to wait until she got home to get dressed so she was laying on the bed on her phone.

"Yeah, sure." She put her phone down, making her way over to the door. When she opened it, a girl stood there, her eyes wide as they made eye contact.

"Who are you," she asked, clearly cautious.