~20~

The group had made their separate ways to the station, Jace and Clary heading in a different direction to the other three.

The three walked into the building, immediately noting the security measures they'd have to bypass. It was clear that they'd need to work to distract a cop and steal a pass.

"Okay, I'm guessing you're the distraction?" Alec pointed out and by the way he said it, Talia knew that this was their usual routine.

"Nope," Isabelle responded easily, turning towards him. "Whilst I've decided against trying to look conservative and all, I've also decided to change my ways. It would be best if I don't play around anymore." She eyed Talia towards the end of her sentence, and Talia caught the gist of what she was trying to say.

"I'm sure your mother won't mind if you flirt with others seeing as it's only for a mission," Talia spoke, referring to herself. She didn't want to seem controlling and she truly would understand if Isabelle flirted with others.

"I know, but I want to do this. No more distracting for me," she smiled softly at Talia. She then turned back to Alec as she sighed. "Besides, I don't think I'm her type."

"Oh crap," Alec mumbled, following his sister's line of sight to see a woman seated at the desk.

"Don't worry, it's good practice," Isabelle smirked, Alec looking at her confused. "You know, for asking out Magnus?"

"You need to get a love life of your own," Alec spoke as he nervously fidgeted.

"Oh I'll find her someone for your sake, don't you worry Alec," Talia winked at him. Isabelle rolled her eyes as she shook her head in amusement. She then moved her hands to the buttons of her brother's shirt, undoing them.

"What are you doing?" he asked confused, attempting to shrug her off.

"Unbuttoning your shirt, what does it look like I'm doing?"

"You can unbutton mine," Talia mumbled, and Isabelle attempted to pretend she didn't hear but the red on her cheeks said otherwise. Alec simply passed it off as friendly teasing.

"Izzy this is not really my department," he added.

"You're gonna have to make it your department because I'm not entirely sure either of us are going to interest her, and that leaves you Alec," Talia stood on her tiptoes, ruffling his hair slightly and fixing a couple strands.

"I don't think I'll be able to interest her Talia."

"Come on," Isabelle attempted to encourage. "You do this stuff all the time.

"You do, I don't!"

"It's easy," she gave her brother a stern look, before pushing him in the woman's direction.

As he made his way over, he had to take a few breaths to steady himself.

"Hey," he spoke, a wide grin painted on his face as he leaned closer to her, his hands holding onto the desk to support his weight.

"Can I help you?" the woman asked, clearly unfazed."

"Y...yeah, you come here often?" At that, Talia wanted to face palm and she heard Isabelle beside her holding back her laughter.

"Yeah, I work here," the cop deadpanned. "What can I help you with?"

"Right yeah, erm. Right, right, erm," his eyes raked over the desk, seeing her ID card lying on the desk close to the edge. "I'm just... looking for some information." He reached his hand out, pretending to accidentally knock over the bottle of water which began spilling. "I'm so sorry, let me just get that," he apologised, discreetly flicking the keycard away in the direction that the girls were walking in, Izzy catching it and handing it to Talia.