~16~

"Lucas!" She ran toward the brunette boy, enveloping him on a bone crushing hug. She hadn't seen him when she had last visited and had missed him dearly.

Isabelle and Jace had gone off to find Meliorn whilst Talia went to go find one of her friends.

"Hey, Lia, I didn't realise you were visiting," he chuckled, stroking her hair as they embraced.

"Spontaneous visit, where's Thena?" she asked, looking around for the girl as she pulled away from the hug.

"Why, is my presence not enough?" he lifted an eyebrow, teasing the girl. "Athena's the busy one this time I'm afraid, guess you're stuck with me."

"Oh how ever will I fare with such a punishment," she teased back, mockingly throwing a hand to her forehead.

"Walk with me dear sister," he linked arms with her, dragging her with him as he lead her to his home.

"So, I can't help but notice the butterflies." There was a moment of silence which she had found as her opening to ask. She knew that meant the Seelies were in mourning. "Is everything okay?" His face suddenly hardened as he spoke.

"No," his voice was filled with anger and hatred. "The Clave requested some of our scouts be sent off to search for Valentine. They died in the process." They'd entered the small cottage now, Lucas reaching into a cupboard.

"Oh, is that why you guys aren't speaking with the Clave anymore?" she asked, her tone strangely calm for someone who wasn't meant to be aware of that. Her eyes lit up as her brother handed her a lollipop, which he had bought a stash of when he was on earth once, for his sisterly figure's visits. "Thank you," she cheered.

"How do you know about that?" he questioned, watching as the girl opened the wrapper and put the lollipop on her mouth, sitting on the small red and gold couch. He didn't receive an answer, only a wink to which he let out a sigh.

"Yes, it is," he admitted. "The Clave would never have thought to send shadowhunters out but us? We're expendable because we have demon blood."

"Agreed, they're assholes about the whole demon thing," she scoffed, remembering the earlier events. "But anyways, I'm sorry for the losses. They were brave warriors," she noted their sacrifice.

"Yeah, anyways have you spoken to Athena recently?" he decided on a change of topic to lighten the mood, before offering the girl food to which she declined as she'd have to head out soon.

"Yeah, is she with the boyfriend now?" she smirked, eyebrows wiggling. Athena had been happy with her boyfriend for a couple of years now.

"Yeah, she is," he confirmed. He knew she'd leave and come over if she knew that Talia was here but he was very convinced that her boyfriend was going to propose soon so he wanted them to spend a lot of time together in the hopes that he would.

"What about you? Where's the husband," she tool the red lollipop out of her mouth, putting it back in after she'd asked her question.

"He's guarding today." Lucas had came out to her around the time he had found his boyfriend. He knew the reactions wouldn't be bad as Talia was open about her own sexuality and Athena didn't seem to mind it. It was at their wedding that Athena had actually met her boyfriend, he was one of the hired help.

"Oh man, won't be seeing him today then either," she huffed, leaning back in her chair.

"What about you? Anyone special?" He'd always wondered when Talia would find her life partner rather than just hookups but hookups were very normal for their kind. Especially hers, considering they lived long lives.