Chapter Twenty-One

Everything seems to be going smoothly. We train day in and day out. They are improving but they still aren't ready. Some have become cocky. Which means they have become complacent, and complacency will get you killed. Others are still scared. They will fight but the will to succeed  isn't there. They fear death. For our kind death is the only salvation we will feel.

They are plotting something. Vampire's don't move around during daylight hours but I have caught them moving weaponry a few times.. No one is supposed to move anything without my explicit orders. I was made commander of this army for a reason. It seems that someone's ego has gotten too big for their fangs. 

I should stop this. I should kill whoever is behind this. However I am kind of curious.  I want to know who thinks they can do this job better than I can. If they fail I'll just kill the responsible party. 

I need to be prepared though. Going up against five to ten people is a piece of cake. Going up against fifty plus people will be a challenge. My bow and arrow won't be enough. I am going to have to go for a weapon that I vowed to never touch again. 

A gun

I carefully make my way into the weapons artillery. I refill my quiver. Grab a metal collapsible spear. Then an AK47 with a sling of ammo. Lastly, I head into the closet. We have to wear our uniforms at all times but we have special hooded robes in case we do have to move during the daylight hours. 

The final step in my preparations is to make sure that I am fed. The last thing that I need to do is lose focus by letting my thirst get out of control.

If they are attempting to take the girl what will I do? Will I side with my army despite their betrayal? Will I grab the girl myself? I honestly don't know. 

All I know is someone is going to get hurt and it's not going to be me.

I'm looking forward to it. 

It's been a long time since I have had a good fight. 

"We need to move out soon." A low rank soldier whispered to another soldier sharing his same rank. 

"The Executioner isn't stupid. She will figure out the plan soon enough." He whispered back. 

Just as I thought they were going after the girl. This is what the master wants. This is our overall goal but I have been trusted with this army. I have been trusted to make these decisions. I am the one who is supposed to  decide when we should act. 

Disobedience will not be tolerated. 

How will they be punished? 

So many decisions. 

Whatever I decide they will all result in excruciating pain or death. 

I let my feet carry me to a set of heavy metal doors. I punch in the code and complete the retina scan. I couldn't help but smile when I heard the sound of the lock disengaging.   

The scent of blood fills my nose. The thud of multiple heart beats fills my ears. The whimpers and pleas for help fall on deaf  ears.  

There is nothing like the sweet taste of human blood. 

There is nothing like feeling someone lose their life at your hands. 

Watching the light fade from their eyes is glorious. 

I love both and I love it all. 

This is what it means for someone to lose their humanity.