Chapter Thirty-One

"It's almost time. Are you ready?" Maddox asked, giving me a quick once over.  It has taken everyone quite a while to get used to this new form of mine. After that day my appearance didn't return to its original state. I've been stuck with the whole black hair, black eye with razor sharp teeth. I like it. Especially the teeth. At least I don't have a horn. 

"Let's get this over with." I said, meeting his gaze. 

"I've had the alpha set us up in an interrogation room in the pack's jail. I've told Edgar that I am going to let him face the people who destroyed his family. Aka Lilliana and Light. Instead he will be facing you, Malkai and myself." Maddox explained as we walked across the territory. 

"All I want to know is why he killed my dad. Once I have my answer I plan on turning his ass to ash." I said simply. 

"Can you do that?" Malkai asked. 

"I don't know. I guess we're going to find out." I said, letting a cocky grin slip on my face. 

"I don't know if those teeth scare me or turn me on." Malkai said smirking 

"Well, I hope it's the latter because I don't think they're going away anytime soon." I said leaning forward to smack a quick kiss on his lips. 

"Leave the romantic theatrics for later. You two can fuck like rabbits when this is over." Maddox growls. I just laugh and follow them down the stairs. The prison is as bleak and depressing as I remembered it to be. However the scent of silver and mistletoe makes me gag. As long as I don't touch any of it I should be fine. When we reach the door to the room that Edgar is being held in I take a few deep breaths and school my features. Maddox goes in first, then Malkai then me. I don't look at him. I just close my eyes and prop myself against the wall with my arms crossed over my chest. 

"Nora, I am so glad that you're safe!" Edgar said but I just ignored him. One, it's a lie. Two, it's a lie and three it's a lie. 

"I have a couple of questions for you Mr.Bleau." Maddox said. 

"Yes of course." Edgar said. 

"I've spoken to Nora about the events leading up to her disappearance. I would like to hear your side of the story." Maddox said calmly. 

"Lilliana and I set up an arranged marriage for Nora. I guess she didn't like the partner we had promised her too. So, she just took off." He said feigning sorrow. 

"Well, arranged marriages are illegal for teenage werewolves. They have to have the chance to find their mates. So, I can understand why she would be upset but I also understand why you did what you did. You just wanted your daughter to be happy." Maddox said, offering fake sympathy 

"I'm glad that you understand your Majesty." Edgar said. 

"Second question." Maddox said. 

"Yes sir?" Edgar asked. 

"Why did you kill Shouta Kobayashi?" He asked. The room was already quiet but now it was deathly silent. You couldn't even hear our breathing.  

"I don't know what you are talking about." Edgar said. 

"Sigh. I mean I've seen the proof. I know you did it. I just want to know why." Maddox said, sounding bored. 

"I want to see the proof." Edgar said. 

"Very well." Maddox said. A few moments later I heard the door open and something was placed on the table. Not something. my laptop. 

"How did you obtain this?" Edgar said, his voice edging towards anger.