Chapter-10

Meera was six months pregnant. Her pregnancy was going smoothly. Sidharth was over the moon. They came back from the hospital after Doctor's appointment.
Meera looked at him with a pout..

"Aise mat dekho meri taraf..tum kahi nahi ja rahi samjhi" said Sidharth.

"Bas 2 din ki ho toh baat hai..mai pakka wapas aajaungi" she said.

"Mai kaise rahunga tumhare bina 2 din so no means no.." he said.

"Sidharth.. aap aise mat bolo na.. mummy kitne dino se bula rahi hai..kitne din hogye mai unke paas bhi nahi gayi.." she said sadly.

"Jaane de na usse.." they heard maa's voice. She came back from the market.

"Dekha bas maa hi hai jo meri feelings samhajti hai.." she said hugging her.

"Acha bachu.. ab toh bilkul bhi nahi jaane dunga.." he said teasing her.

"Maaaaa.." she whined.

"Tang mat kar usse Montu.." she scolded him.

"Acha ja.." he gave her permission. She jumped in joy. They scolded her for jumping. She struck her tongue out and apologised.

He came into the room. He saw her packing her bag.
"Ho gayi packing?" He asked.
" haan bas.. hogyi" she closed the zip of her bag.

He sat on the bed and hugged her tummy and started kissing his baby.
"I will miss you princess and I will miss your mumma" he whispered and kissed again.
Meera smiled and hugged him.

Next day..
She took blessings of her mother-in-law. Maa went inside to give them privacy. He hugged her tightly. He was feeling uneasy, he felt something bad was going to happen.

"Mai bhi saath chalta agar ye meeting important na hoti toh..Wapas toh aayegi na?" He asked doubtfully. He did not know why he asked this question.

"Of course aajaungi aur dekhna jab wapas aaungi na fir aapko kitna tang karungi.. saari sharte manwaungi.." she replied.

She sat in the car. Sidharth kept her bag. He held her hand tightly and kissed it.
"Apna khyaal rakhna Sidharth" she said with moist eyes.
"Tum bhi.." he whispered.

The driver started the car.. their hands parted. Sidharth took a deep breath. He went inside to get ready for the office. Meera wiped her tears.

Sidharth was in meeting. His phone rang. It was an unknown number. He saw it and put it on silent. It rang again. It was his mother this time.
He picked up.
"Meera ki car ka accident ho gaya beta" she said while crying.

Phone fell from his hand. He stormed out like a maniac. Kaushal apologised to the clients and ran behind him. His tears were falling continuously. Fear was visible on his face. His hands were shivering while inserting key in the car.

"Sidharth kya hua?" Asked Kaushal.
" M..Meera.. hospital" he stammered.
"Mai drive karta hu.." he Said.
Sidharth shifted on the co-driver seat. Kaushal drove fastly. They reached hospital. Sidharth ran inside. He saw her mother with few police officers.

"Mom.. Meera.." he asked while looking at them.
His mom started crying. He shaked her..
"Mom please batao Meera kaha hai? Vo theek hai na? Meri princess?" He asked.

Mr. Shukla.. he heard his name.

Police officer: Mr Shukla..Your wife's car met with an accident on the highway. The other car driver was drunk and he lost the control and drove straight into your car. Your driver and your wife injured badly and she is no more.