Chapter-25

Sana was surprised to see her mother standing at the door and Sana's mother was surprised to see a stranger in her daughter's house. She didn't announce her arrival. She never thought she'd be welcomed in this way.

"Ji aap kaun? Maine pehchana nahi?" She said.

"Mai Sidharth Shehnaaz ka dost aur uska padosi. Aap please andar aaiye na aunty please". He gave her the way. He picked up her luggage and put it in the room.

"Naaaniiii" Rida came running towards her and hugged her legs.

"Meri bacha" she picked her up and kissed her cheeks.

She looked at Sana and hugged her. Sidharth stood at the door of the room, watching the union of mother and daughter.

"Aap baitho mummy mai pani laati hoon". Said Sana.

Sidharth frowned and rushed towards her.

"Mai laata hoon. Tum rest karo hmm?" He said and went inside the kitchen.

Her mother looked at him then at Sana.

"Baitho na mummy". She asked.

"Kaun hai vo Aadmi?" She asked.

"Dost hai mere." She said while looking at her.

"Dost? Tu kab se ladko se dosti karne lagi?" He mother Said.

"Mummy please." Sana said annoyingly.

"Kya please?" Her mother said.

"Please dheere boliye..Vo sun lenge..aur Mummy ladke se dosti karne mein kya problem hai"? She asked.

"Aunty pani" Sidharth's voice broke their conversation.

He kept a glass of water in front of her.

He could sense the tension between the mother and daughter. To reduce the awkwardness, he decided to leave.

"Mai chalta hoon. Kisi bhi cheez ki zarurat ho. Do let me know aur haan mom lunch bhej rahi hai. Tum koi kaam nahi karogi bas rest karogi ok?" He said smilingly.

She nodded her head and smiled at him. He bid them bye and left the place, not before looking back at her.

Her mother noticed everything and at her questionably.

"Ye sab kya hai Sana?" She asked strictly.

"Kya sab?" She said confusedly.

"Ye sab.. vo ladka yaha tere ghar mein akele kya kar raha tha? Tu janti hai na tujhe ye sab theek nahin hai." She said.

"Aap kya bol rahe ho mummy?"she asked confusedly.

"Tu ladki hai upar se divorcee hai beta aur ek bache ki maa. Aise mein koi anjaan Aadmi tere ghar mein aayega toh log kya kahenge? Rida par kya asar padega?" She said.

Tears started flowing from her eyes. Her own mother did not even ask her once about her, but was questioning her. She was angry with her mother. She felt so many emotions at the same time. She was angry, irritated, helpless, feeling defeated that her mother was questioning her. She was more concerned about society than her daughter.

Most of us dream of falling in love and settling down. This person is a friend, lover, and someone we sometimes hope to start a family with. You think this person is your soulmate. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. It's funny because our society puts so much pressure on marrying someone at the right age, yet if you decide to walk out, you are majorly judged. If a woman does decide to walk out, they are then put into a box and labelled. Families don't want their boys getting to know such women because she is now no longer viewed as 'marriage material'. However, a guy who has been through a divorce is not labelled in any way. So, why patronise women this way?