Chapter-27

Father absence hinders development from early infancy through childhood and into adulthood. The psychological harm of father absence experienced during childhood persists throughout the life course. The quality of the father-child relationship matters more than the specific amount of hours spent together. Daughters are more close to their fathers. They feel safe with them. Father can go beyond any limit to see smile on their child's face.

Children want to make their fathers proud, and an involved father promotes inner growth and strength. Studies have shown that when fathers are affectionate and supportive, it greatly affects a child's cognitive and social development. It also instills an overall sense of well-being and self confidence.

Rida, a five-year-old girl, also wanted to live a normal life. She didn't know what society was. She also wanted that, like everyone's father comes, her father came to drop her off at school, played with her, gave her toys, told her stories at night, brought her dolls, and in front of whom she could fight, she stayed with him in her house. As parents, we all live together. She didn't want anything more from life. Living without a father for so many years did not diminish her innocence. Children without fathers are often emotionally weak; some can even go into depression. But she was in control. She was more mature than her age. She used to take care of her mother during her panic attacks. Her blue eyes held so much innocence, which could drag any person towards her. Sidharth couldn't control himself from getting attached to her. She used to seek warmth, love, and security from him. He couldn't see his own child, but Rida came into his life as his own child, and they loved each other unconditionally.

She slept in his arms due to the effects of medicine. He tried to lie her down on the bed, but her grip on his t-shirt was so tight that she didn't leave him. He decided not to lie her down. He laid down on the bed and made her sleep on his chest.
He held her tight so that she wouldn't fall.

Sana was looking at them. Sana also came and lay down beside them.

"Thank you" she whispered.

"Shh..Rida meri bhi beti hai.." he whispered back.

Tears started falling from her eyes. He wiped her tears with one hand. He held her face and started creasing it softly.

"Bahut kuch batana hai tumhe.. aur bahut kuch sun na hai.." he said.

"Mujhe bhi.." she said slowly.

Their eyes locked. His phone ring broke their eye contact.

"Haan maa..Rida ko bukhar hai..hmm..ok." He said and disconnected the phone.

"Kya hua? Kya kaha maa ne?" She asked.

"Unhone kaha ke unki dono bachiyo ko ghar leke aau. Agar nahi laya toh ghar se bahar hi rahoon." He said.

She chuckled. " maa pareshan ho jayengi.." she said.

"Tum chahti ho mai ghar se bahar rahoon?" He asked.

"Haaye.. mai kyu chahungi?" She said innocently.

"Toh phir chalo.." he said while getting up carefully while holding Rida.

She initially hesitated but later got up and packed a few pads for herself and medicines for Rida. She was nervous; he could feel that. They didn't talk about their relationship or kiss.

"Chalo" she said and turned but stopped when he held her hand to stop her.

"Hum araam se baat karenge.. hmm? Just go with the flow. Please.." he said softly.

"Hmm" she said.

While she was locking the door, Sidharth was standing behind her and waiting for her. He held her hand tightly. She was touched by his gesture. Maa opened the door for them. She was them holding hands. She looked at Sidharth confusedly. He blinked his eyes and smiled at her. She breathed a sigh of relief and joy.

"Aao na bacho.." she said and gave them way.

Sidharth took Rida in his room and laid her on the bed.

"Abhi tabiyat kaisi hai? Fever utra?" She asked worriedly.

"Bukhar kam toh ho gaya hai, dawai di hai.." said Sana.

"Tu baith beta araam kar. Mai chai bana ke laati hoon." Said Maa.

"Mai aati hoon na maa." Sana said.

"Tu araam kar bache. Teri tabiyat bhi toh theek nahi hai na.. aaj apni maa ke haath ki chai pi.." she said and patted her head.

Tears started forming in her eyes. She was very emotional. On one side there was her own mother who did not even ask the condition of her daughter and questioned the character of her daughter and on the other side there was Sidharth's mother who loved her like her own daughter and was not allowing her to do anything while taking care of her health. She was very grateful to God for sending this family into her life.

She stood up and hugged maa tightly.

"Thank you maa.." said Sana and started crying.

"Bache apni maa ko thank you thodi bolte hai.. sab theek ho jayega bacha. Tu ek dum strong girl hai..ruff and tough..bura phase zyada time nahi rehta. Ye bhi nikal jayega." She consoled her.

Sidharth adored their bond. Maa left the room to make tea for them. Sidharth closed the door and engulfed her in his arms to calm her. He broke the hug, kissed her forehead, fixed her hair, made her sit on the bed and sat near her legs.

" Mummy ki yaad arhi hai?" He asked.

"Maa-baap toh apne bacho ko kabhi dukhi nahi dekh sakte na. Toh phir mummy ko mera dukh kyu nahi dikha? Unhone ek baar bhi ye nahi poocha ke mai kaisi hoon.. bas ilzaam laga diye ke log kya kahenge." Said Sana.

"Zaroori nahi ke Hume laakhon croro log pyaar kare, koi ek bhi kare na toh kaafi hai. Tumhe pata hai ke tum kya ho. Tumhe kisi ko kuch bhi saabit karne ki zaroorat nahi hai. Tumhe tumhari khushiyan chun ne ka haq hai aur ye haq tumse koi nahi cheen sakta. Samjhi gadhi.." said Sidharth and slapped her head playfully.

"Mai gadhi nahi hoon." She whined.

"Gadhi toh tu hai.." said Sidharth.

Tum log na itne pyare ho ke khush kar dete ho. Thank you for your comments. I hope sabko story pasand arhi hai. Tum sabke pyaar aur support ke liye ek aur chapter as a thank you. Batana ye wala bhi kaisa laga.

Signing off..
S..