Chapter-11

After getting up in the morning Sana started doing her household chores. She sent Rida to take bath but our little Rida was in another mood today. Sana was in kitchen when she heard loud voice of her daughter, she went inside the washroom and saw her daughter singing loudly her favourite frozen movie song holding hand shower like a mike.

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!

She startled listening to Sana's voice.

"Chittar na kha layi mere toh Rida. Haje takan nahayi nahi. Maa wala let it go". Sana said irritatedly.

She went inside the washroom to give her bath. Rida looked at her and splashed water on Sana and again started singing..

"Let it go, let it go"

Sana slapped her slightly in a playful manner and quickly made her ready for school. She dropped her to school and went towards the office.

Sidharth had reached office early today. He noticed how she was arranging her things on the desk. His eyes were roaming on her face noticing each and every detail about her. How she was scrunching her nose while reading a file, the way she was holding a pencil, sometimes keeping it into her mouth and typing furiously on the laptop. He picked up the phone which was ringing on his desk. He called Kaushal and Sana into his cabin.

"Aashiyana project ki site par jana hai hume. Kaushal and Ms Gill get ready in 10 min". He said.

"Ok sir" they said.

They all sat in the car. Kaushal sat on the co-driver seat and Sidharth and Shehnaaz sat on the backseat. The driver started the car and they reached the location. He was highly impressed with her skills. She was looking at each and every details. She wanted no child to feel orphaned. She wanted them to feel at home. She went near him and asked for some changes. He gave her permission. She asked the labourers to do some changes. She was busy in her work when Sidharth noticed a brick was about to fall over Sana. He immediately pulled her to him. She landed in his arms. Their face were close. They were looking into each others eyes. Their eye contact broke due to the loud noise of brick falling.

"Are you alright?" He asked.
"Hmm" she nodded her head.

"Dekh k kaam nahi kar sakte?" He shouted at the workers.
"Sidharth relax mai baat karta hoon". Kaushal said.

He held her hand and took her outside the site. Sana's heart was pounding fastly. She was looking at their intertwined hands.
"Dhyaan kaha rehta hai tumhara? Dekh k khadi nahi ho sakti thi? Agar lag jati toh? He said.

Sana didn't reply. Her eyes were on their hands. He noticed his gaze and left her hand hurriedly.

"Umm.. chai? Chai piyengi aap Ms Gill?" He asked.

" H.. haan.." she replied.

They went towards the tea stall, sat at a little distance and ordered 2 cup of tea. They were confused what to talk about.

"R..Rida school?" He asked.

"Ji" she said .

They again sat quietly. The tea came. They drank silently. She looked at the time. It was 2O'clock.

"Sir lunch" asked Kaushal.
"Ya.. let's go. Let's go Ms Gill. Join us." He said.

They went to a nearby restaurant to have lunch. They ate their lunch and talked about the project.

Here in school, Rida was happy. She was enjoying colouring. Adi was sitting next to her as always.

"Attention kids today Today we will make a card for our father on the special occasion of Father's Day." Said Teacher.

The teacher started distributing plain sheets to everyone.
Rida's smile vanished. Adi noticed her expressions.

"Tu sad kyu ho gayi?" Asked Adi.

"Tere papa hai?" She asked.

"Haan.. sabke papa hote hai buddhu" he said.

She didn't reply. Other kids got busy in making card. Rida sat quietly. She wiped her misty eyes. Teacher came towards her.

"Rida beta. Why are you not making card for your father?"She asked.
"I have no father" she said courageously.

Every kid except Adi started laughing. Teacher scolded them and asked them to continue their work.
Adi looked at her and asked "tere papa Sachi mein nahi hai?"
She nodded no.

He dragged his chair near her and kept her head on his shoulder. He stated patting.

"Tujhe card banana hai?" He asked.

"Hmm" she nodded innocently.

"Mai tera papa ban jata hoon. Tu mere liye bana" he said.

Rida started giggling.

"Buddhu tu mera papa thodi hai. Meri mummy se shadi thodi hui hai teri." She said.

"Umm. Fir apni mummy ko bol shadi karle fir tere paas bhi papa honge" he said.

Sana kept looking at her watch. It was 5:30pm already. She had to leave anyhow by 6pm to pick up her daughter. The school was near to her office but the site was a little far.

"Any problem Ms Gill" he asked.

"Sir can I leave early?" She asked.

"Is everything ok?" He asked.

"Actually this place is far from Rida's school. I have to pick her up." She said.

"I am also coming with you." He said.

"Are aap kyu kha m kha taklif utha rahe hai. Mai chali jaungi." She said.

"Patani kab tak koi vehicle milega". He said.

She gave in. They sat in the car and left towards the school. Sidharth drove fastly they reached at 6pm. Rida saw them. A huge smile came on her face. She hugged her mother and saw behind her.

"Sidhalth uncleeeee..." she screamed happily and ran towards him and jumped in his arms.

He smiled widely, and whispered "my princess" and hugged her back tightly. Sana looked at them and smile softly.

I know it's a short chapter but please adjust Karlo.Next update will be after 4th sep. Thank you guys.

Signing off..
S..