Chapter-50

Adi's face lost all the colors. He felt terrible when he saw her in someone else's arms. He fisted his palm tightly to control his feelings, i.e., anger and pain. He knew this would happen, but he was helpless. He didn't confess his feelings to her because he was afraid to lose her friendship and someone else took the opportunity.

"Sameer what a pleasant surprise! Tum kab aaye?" Rida asked surprisingly.

"Mujhe toh aana hi tha na baby" he said.

Sameer was a very strong personality. He was the son of a businessman who was managing his father's business. He had long, broad, brown eyes, a fair complexion, and a muscular body. If his words made any girl fall in love with him, then Rida falling in love with him was not a new thing.

She was in his arms. Seeing your love with someone else is like death. He took his eyes off them. She was happy in someone else's arms. Her happiness was very for him . He was ready to be her friend for the rest of her life. His eyes were moist and there was a slight smile on his face.

Sameer looked at Adi and extended his hand.

"Hey buddy! How are you?" He asked.

"Good" said Adi.

"Thank you so much yaar for taking care of her in my absence." Said Sameer.

"Dhyaan toh mujhe rakhna hi tha." He said while looking at her.

"Chalo abhi let's go out for lunch" said Rida.

"Sure baby.." let's go.

"Adi chal na..you also join us." She said while holding his arm.

"Umm.. nahi.. I have some work. Tum log jao.." he said while removing her hand.

"Ok but next time tu chalega. Samjha.."
She said while pointing her finger at him. He nodded his head.

Sameer and Rida got into the car and drove away. Tears welled up in his eyes and he sat down under a tree. He took a deep breath to calm himself. His heart was pounding but he couldn't help it. He never wanted to force Rida into his love. He was waiting for the right time, but perhaps there was something else in the fate or he was too late.
He wiped his tears and went inside the hospital.

Sameer and Rida reached a posh restaurant for lunch. She was amazed to see the ambiance. They both sat down and ordered food. They chatted and had lunch.

Agastya reached home. He was happy today. He entered the home while whistling. He threw the bag on the sofa.

"Aaj toh koi kuch zyada hi khush lag raha hai kya baat hai?" Asked Sana.

"Mom.. aap yaha betho na" he pulled her hand to make her sit.

"Guess what?" He said.

"What?"she asked.

"Aadhya ne meri friendship accept karli.." he said excitedly.

"Wow! Ye toh bahut achi baat hai.." said Sana.

She caresses his face with love. He kisses his mother's hand and embraces her.

"Meri biwi se dur reh" they heard Sidharth's voice.

Agastya rolled his eyes and said. "Aagya aapka jalkukda pati"

Sana slapped his hand and said "Papa hai tumhare".

"Harkaton se toh nahi lagta" he replied.

"Kya khusar phusar kar rahe ho maa beta"Sidharth said with a heavy look of doubt.

"Kuch nahi.. aaj aap jaldi aagye.." she said.

"Haan kaam jaldi khatam ho gaya toh isliye aagya. Bahut bhukh lagi hai khana laga de meri jaan." He said while kissing her cheeks.

Agastya gagged at their PDA. He went inside his room to change his clothes.

"Ma..aa dek..ho skirt fa..tt gayi.."Aadhya showed her skirt and pouted.

"Sui dhaga de abhi sil deti hoon."her maa said.

She sat near her mother, who was stitching her skirt. Knocking on the door grabbed their attention.
Aadhya opened the door and saw their landlord standing.

"Kaun hai beta?" Her voice came.

"Mai hoon" said the landlord.

"Ji" she said.

"2 mahine se ghar ka kiraya nahi diya. Wahi lene aaya hoon." He said.

"Bhai sahab thoda sa waqt dijiye. Ye intazam kar rahe hai." She said politely.

"Kitna intazaar karu? Har baar ka drama hai tum logo ka. Agar iss mahine kiraya nahi diya toh ghar khali kar dena." He said angrily and went away.

Her mother turned and saw Aadhya standing with teary eyed. She hugged her.

"Tu pareshan mat ho beta. Baba intazam kar lenge" she said.

His father comes home late at night tired and finds his wife and daughter asleep. At the slightest sound, his wife wakes up and tears come to her eyes when she sees the wounds on her husband's hands. She applies turmeric paste on her husband's hands and feeds him with her own hands.

"Maaf karde Kamla tujhe aise haal mein rakh raha hoon."he said.

"Aap aise kyu bol rahe ho sab theek ho jayega" she said.

"Kabhi kabhi dil karta hai ke mar jau. Aisi zindagi se maut achi hai" he said.

"Aap kya bol rahe ho bhagwan na kare aapko kabhi bhi kuch ho." She said while crying.

"Toh aur kya karu tu bata? Ghar ka kiraya nahi bhar pa raha. Rashion nahi bhar pata ghar mein. Vo toh bhala ho uss insaan ka jo humare ghar ke bahar rashion rakh gaya. Warna kitni baar meri bachi bhukhi soyi hai.Apni bachi ka koi sapna pura nahi kar pata. Meri bachi kabhi kuch nahi bolti. Apne saare armaano ko dil mein daba leti hai. Log uske hakle pan ka mazak udate hai fir bhi vo chup chap sab seh leti hai. Agar aaj mere paas paisa hota toh uska ilaaj karwata toh vo theek ho jati. Darr lagta hai jab vo badi ho jayegi toh uski padhai kaise hogi? Usse shadi kaun karega?" He said while crying.

His wife rests her head on her husband's shoulder and tears begin to flow from Aadhya's closed eyes.

Signing off..
S..