Chapter-44

Grab your tissues everyone because this chapter is gonna be an emotional rollercoaster.

Fear gripped his heart. He could not think of anything. Her motionless body reminded him of Meera. His hands turned cold. He slowly touched her face. He came out of his zone when he noticed excruciating expressions on her face. He screamed Maa's. Maa rushed inside their room and saw Sana lying motionless.

'Sidharth kya hua beta?" she asked.

"Maa.. Sana..." he said while pointing at her.

Maa came towards Sana and patted her face. While getting no response, she said, " Beta hospital jana padega."

She looked at her son, who was looking shocked. She shook him. He looked at her blankly. She could easily figure out what was wrong with him. His past was roaming in front of his eyes.

'Sidharth bache abhi vo sab yaad karne ka time nahi hai. Sana ko hospital leke jana hai beta." she said very politely.

He came out of the daze, immediately stepped down from his bed, wore his slippers, and picked her up in his arms. Maa took out the hospital bag. She woke up Rida, who got scared to look at her mother, who was lying lifelessly in her father's arms. He put her in the car and started driving. His hands were shaking due to fear. He called the doctor.

"Hello" said the doctor.

"Hello! Doctor Sana behosh ho gayi hai. I am on the way to the hospital" he said painckly.

"Aap unhei jaldi leke aaiye Mr Shukla." said the Doctor.

Maa was praying continuously. They reached the hospital on time. He was running inside the hospital with Sana in his arms. Her gynecologist saw him.

"Mr Shukla please inhein stretcher par lita dijiye." she said.

He put her on the stretcher. She hurriedly took her into the room. Sidharth could see them through the tiny window as they were checking her vitals and all.

"Papa.." he heard Rida's cracked voice.

She had tears in her eyes. He looked at her twitching lips. She ran towards him and hid herself in his embrace. He hid himself in her embrace. They were both seeking solace in each other's arms. Maa was chanting "Hanuman Chalisa."

Doctor came outside the room.

"Mr Shuka her blood pressure dropped. We have to operate her right away otherwise we will loose her. Baby's movement also has been stopped. You have to sign the consent form. Hum maa aur bache mein se kisi ek ko bacha sakte hai. Decision is yours. Please decide and me know fast." She said and rushed inside the room and asked the sister to prepare the OT immediately.

Tears started flowing freely from his eyes. The floor slipped underneath his feet. Fear gripped his heart. He was standing at that point in his life where he had to choose between his wife and the baby. The baby was unborn and had not seen any outside world. They had only felt his movements inside her tummy. The baby who was a part of them had their blood. For whom they had many dreams. They were eagerly waiting for his arrival, and today they could lose him in a moment. His wife, whom he met at such a point in his life, was completely broken. Who connected him, taught him to love back, and supported him at all times? The wife who never lacked in her love and put him above all else, who made his life beautiful. She took him out of the darkness. The one who made him a father gave him a lovely daughter like Rida.

Doctor came back. 'Kya socha aapne Mr Shukla?" she asked.

"Aap maa ko bachaiye Doctor." he said and signed the form with one hand as he was holding Rida in his arms.

He took a deep breath. Maa looked at him worriedly. He slightly smiled at Maa with teary eyes. Maa held his hand tightly and cried silently. Maybe he had no blood of his own in his destiny. He looked upward and gulped his saliva. He could not get weak. He had to stay strong for his family. He had to console his wife. He had to answer her questions. He had to bury his dead child. Was he ready to face all the misery? May not. But he has to. He has no other choice. If he had a choice, he would never let anything go wrong. He was sitting silently. There's a storm brewing in his mind. The red light in the operation theater was on. The sound of his inner storm was so loud that he could not hear the sound of nearby chaos. He did not realize when the red light turned off and the doctor came out. He came out of his thoughts and looked at the doctor. Tears started flowing freely again.

There was a baby in her arms in a white shirt. He stood up with great difficulty and reached towards her. He looked at the baby, who was very beautiful. The baby had pink cheeks, a nose just like his, lips like his mother, and a frown on his face. Sidharth hugged him tightly and cried a lot. He was hugging his own child for the last time. He placed kisses on his face. He wanted to love him for the last time before letting him go forever.

He felt a slap on his face and noticed the baby slapped him with tiny hands. Sidharth was shocked to react. He saw that the baby was frowning and looking at him angrily. Yes, the baby was all alive. The doctor had a smile on her face. He looked at the doctor with questioning eyes.

"Your baby is a fighter Mr Shukla. Your son has won the battle against death." Said the doctor.

"Son?" he asked.

"Yes, Son. Congratulations!!! He gave us a hard time. I must say he is very naughty. All the best to both of you. " she said.

"Sana?" he said.

"She is fine Mr Shukla. Ek baar ward mein shift kardein fir aap unse mil sakte hai." she said.

He started smiling and kissing his face again and again. The baby started crying loudly. They all chuckled. Maa took him in his arms and hugged him. He stopped crying. Maa was overwhelmed to see her grandson. She thanked God. Rida was jumping to see her baby brother. Sidharth picked her up. She smiled wholeheartedly and kissed his face. He held her finger tightly. She giggled. Sidharth closed his eyes and thanked God for the gift. As"Hanuman Chalisa says "Sub sukh lahae tumhari sar na,Tum rakshak kahu ko dar naa".

How was it? Please let me know in the comment section. I would love to read your comments.

Signing off..

S..