Chapter-37

Sana was standing nervously. Her hands and feet were cold. Sidharth was standing next to her. He held her shoulders tightly and handled the phone. There was a thought in her mind. With great courage, she took the phone and dialed a number. The bell was ringing, and her heart was pounding. Sidharth was rubbing her shoulders to ease her anxiety. The voice came from the other side.

"Hello?" The person said.

She closed her eyes. She heard that voice after so many days. She took a deep breath.

"Hello.. papa.." she whispered.

"Kaun?" Her father said.

"Papa mai Sana" she said with teary eyed.

"Meri koi beti nahi hai. Vo kab ki marr gayi." He answered rudely.

Tears started falling from her eyes like a river.

"Papa.. please..aise mat bolo. Mai aapki Sana aapki beti" she said while hiccuping.

"Kaun si beti? Vo jisne apne baap ki izzat ki dhajjiyan udaane se Pehle ek bar bhi Nahi Socha. Jisne divorce le liya aur ab apne aashiq ke saath khule aam ghoom rahi hai. Zara bhi nahi socha humare baare mein ke log kya kahenge. Aur ab besharamo ki tarah Hume phone kar rahi hai." He spat venom.

"Aapko vo Aadmi sahi lagta hai aur mai galat lagti hoon? Uss Aadmi ne aapki beti ki bilkul bhi izzat nahi ki. Marta tha vo aapki beti ko. Aaj bhi uske diye hue zakhm apne shareer par leke ghoom rahi hoon." She said angrily while crying.

Sidharth frowned at her words. He didn't know that she had wounds on her body. He was shocked. He held her more tightly and started looking at her body to find bruises.

"Meri bachi ko marna chaha usne. Iske baad bhi aapko vo sahi lag raha hai aur mai galat? Socha tha aapko phone karungi. Aapko bataungi ki mai shadi kar rahi hoon. Aur vo insaan bahut acha hai. Meri izzat karta hai aur mujhe bahut pyaar karta hai. Meri beti ko kabhi bhi baap ki kami mehsoos nahi hone deta. Jis par meri beti mujhse bhi zyada yakeen karti hai. Jise vo papa bolti hai. Mujhe laga tha Sab theek ho jayega aap maan jaoge. Khush hoge ke aapki beti ki life mein khushiya aa rahi hai. Maa baap toh apne bacho ki khushi mein khush hote hai. Aap Gussa thook doge par nahi. Aapko apni izzat apni beti se zyada pyari hai. Galti kardi aapko phone karke.Aapko aapki izzat mubarak. Kaash aap mere maa baap nahi hote." She said ,disconnected the call and started breathing heavily.

She stood there like a statue. Sidharth engulfed her tightly. Painful tears started falling from her eyes. She cried loudly. He held her tightly. He wanted to hide her in his arms.

"Mai kya itni buri hoon?" She asked him.

"Shh.. shh..chup hoja meri jaan. Tum bahut achi ho. Suna tumne? Tum bahut achi ho. Ro mat..Mai hoon na" he said.

"Aur mai bhi". They heard the voice and separated.

"Teri maa bhi hai. Hum teri family hai. Tujhe kisi bhi chiz ko leke pareshan hone ki zarurat nahi hai beta."said maa and creased her face.

Sana pecked her cheeks and hugged her tightly. She took her in a motherly hug. Sidharth engulfed both of them in his embrace.

Her hands were filled with henna. She was all dressed up in a yellow saree. There was no jewellery on her but still she was looking beautiful. It was their haldi. The functions were happening in their house only. They didn't want a grand marriage. They wanted their marriage to be simple around their people. Few people were there. Maa, Kaushal and his parents, Rida, Sidharth, Shehnaaz and few close friends and relatives. The sound of dholak could be heard. Everyone was happy. Maa was the happiest one. Her son was happy after so long.