Chapter-26

Their eyes were closed. Their lips were just touching each other. Neither she moved her lips nor did he. Their heartbeats were beating very fast. She started to move back, but he pulled her towards him from the back of her neck and deepened the kiss. Happy tears started to fall from her eyes, and he wiped them while kissing her. She listened to her heart. Everyone deserves a second chance. He was devouring her lips. He broke the kiss and rested his forehead against hers when he felt her struggling to breathe.

She opened her eyes and saw him already looking at her with deep affection in his eyes. He kissed her forehead and hugged her. The blush was already visible on her face. He rubbed her back to calm her racing heart beats and smiled. They felt peace in each other's arms.

They widened their eyes and rushed inside the room when they heard Rida's scream.
"Maaaaa....".The poor girl was shivering and sweating.

"Mumma..mumma..." she started crying after looking at her mother.

"Kya hua mera bacha?" Haan?" She hugged her.

"Nani maara..nani.." she said.

Sidharth and Shehnaaz exchanged looks.

"Mumma bilkul theek hai bacha..bilkul theek hai..mumma.." Sana patted her head to calm her down.

That slap had a profound effect on Rida. She was terribly frightened. Sana touched her head and found that she was suffering from high fever.

"Isse toh bukhar hai Sidharth" she said. He also touched her forehead.

"Thermometer kaha hai?" He asked worriedly.

"Waha?" She told him.

He took out the thermometer and kept it under her arm to check her temperature.

"103 degrees...Tum baitho mai khana laata hoon." He said and immediately left towards his home to bring food.

Rida snuggled into her mother's chest to seek comfort. Maa packed food for them and asked him to take care of them. He came back with food of them. Sana fed her food from her own hands.

"Iski medicines kaha hai?" He asked.

"Side drawer mein hai" she pointed.

He opened the door and started looking for medicine for a fever. He opened Google and started searching for the names of medicines and what they were used for. He mentally noted their names and uses.

After finishing food, Sana fed her medicine. She made faces while eating. Sidharth smiled at the little drama queen.

He went to the kitchen, got cold water, and started putting the cold water bandage on Rida's head so that her fever would subside. Shehnaaz thanked God for bringing him into their lives. When her fever came a little down, she hugged her mother.

After some time she came out of her mother's embrace and looked at Sidharth, who was already adoring her from afar.

Flashback
Rida was sitting in her class beside Adi who was praising his father.
"Aur tujhe pata hai kya hua? Mere papa ne mera saara homework finish karwa diya aur mujhe ma'am se daant bhi nahi padi.." he said proudly.

"Papa kya hota hai? Vo kya kya karte hai?" She asked innocently.

"Papa.. papa humare saath ghoomte hai, homework karwate hai, apne haath se khana khilate hai, games khelte hai, Hume bahut pyaar karte hai, jab hum bimar hote hai toh humara dhyaan rakhte hai, Hume school drop karte hai aur lene bhi aate hai kabhi kabhi. Monsters se bhi fight karte hai.Superhero hote hai papa" he told her.

She could only think of Sidharth at that time.

Flashback ends

She came out of a trance and stretched her hand out to him. He held her hand. She kissed his hand. He smiled.

"Pucchi karo" she pointed at her hand.

He kissed her hand. She stood on the bed, opened her arms, and hugged him.

"Papa" she whispered in his ears and hugged him again.

His hands froze. He was shocked.Tears started forming in his eyes. He looked at Sana who was equally shocked like him.

He had always wanted to hear those words. After the death of his unborn child, he had given up this hope. He didn't know if he would ever get that chance again. A cute little girl with whom he didn't even have a blood relationship was calling him papa. It is not necessary that blood relations are everything, sometimes heart relations are also enough, they are true.

"Kya kaha? Phir se bolo na princess.." he requested.

"Papa" she said and again hugged him.

He didn't know how to react. He was emotional. A wave of happiness ran through his chest. He felt alive. He wanted to hear papa from her mouth again and again. He thought he had everything in the world. He started crying.

He called Sana to him through his eyes. She stood up and went to him and Sidharth took her to his chest, now both of them were in his arms. He was relieved.

Thank you so much for showering your love on each character. Sorry kal double update nahi de payi samhaj hi nahi arha tha ke kya likhu. Ab chalo jaldi batao comment section mein ke kaisa laga. Aur haan ye mat bol dena ke ek aur update dedo. Sochne ka time toh diya karo bechari bachi ko.🤭

Signing off..
S..