Chapter-12

Rida was talking nonstop. She was very happy to see her mother and her favourite uncle. Sidharth was beyond happy to see that little munchkin. He looked at the time and realised she must be hungry. Without asking Sana he stopped the car at McDonald's. Rida's eyes twinkled. Sana noticed. She stared at Rida.

"Sir hum ghar chalte hai na" she said.

Rida pouted sadly. She knew her mother wouldn't let her eat junk food. Sidharth noticed her face.

"Mujhe bhook lagi hai. Follow me Ms.Gill" he said.

He held Rida's hand and winked at her. She giggled and winked back. Sana rolled her eyes. She knew why he said that.

He ordered a happy meal for Rida. Her happiness had no boundaries. She got one happy meal toy. She licked her lips and sang the famous jingle "I'm Lovin' It". Sidharth and Shehnaaz chuckled at her excitement.

Rida was walking beside Sidharth. Her little finger fit snugly in her big hand. Sana was walking behind them. Her eyes were stuck on their hands.

"Main nahi maanta isse apna bacha..nahi chahiye ye bacha" he announced.

"Aap aisa kaisa bol sakte ho? Ye humara bacha hai. Humare pyaar ki nishani". Sana cried.

"Pyaar.. hahaha haaaahhhhaa" he started laughing loudly.

"Maine tumse aaj tak kab kaha k mai tumse pyaar karta hoon?" He asked sarcastically.

Sana recalled he never said I love you to her.

"I can't believe tum sex ko pyaar samhaj baithi." He asked.

She got stunned. Tears were falling like river from her eyes. Her hopes of beautiful marriage and kids shattered. A father rejected his own child. A husband made fun of his wife's feeling and considered love mare sex. His phone rang and he left the room.

Sana sat on the same spot for hours. He came back home drunk. He fell on the bed. Sana stood up from the ground and went towards him to do her wife duty. She took his shoes off and tried to remove his jacket. Things fell from it. Her eyes widened. There was a pack of condom along with a thong. It wasn't hers. She opened his shirt and saw hickeys on his chest. She didn't give. That means her husband cheated on her.
She put hand on her mouth and stepped back slowly and collided with her mother-in-law who saw everything.
Next day he woke up with a headache.
"Sanaaaa..coffeeeeee" he screamed.
Sana came inside with a coffee. Her eyes were blank. He looked at her and rolled his eyes.

"Kal kaha the aap?" She asked.

"I am not answerable to you" he spat rudely.

"Biwi hoon aapki.." she raised her voice.

"Biwi ho biwi ban k raho.. maa mat bano samjhi..."he screamed.

She opened the side drawer, took out thong and threw it on his face.

"Aap kisi aur aurat k saath the.. you cheated on me. Aapne ek baar bhi nahi socha humare hone wale bache k baare mein ..." she screamed.

"Haan kiya maine cheat.. kiya.. aur aage bhi karunga. Kya kar legi?? Haan??? Ek toh tujh behenji se shadi karwa di meri aur upar se ye gandh " He pointed out at her belly.

A loud sound of slap echoed the room. Sana's eyes were blood shot red. She slapped him tightly.

A woman will tolerate even infidelity, but if someone points a finger at her child, she will not leave him.

"Bas.. bahut hua.. aaj tak aapki har harkat ko ignore kiya maine par ab aur nahi..mere bache k baare mein mai ek bhi anaap shanaap nahi sunungi.. aap jaisa ghatiya aadami sirf ego satisfy karne k liye kuch bhi kar sakta hai. You are a male chauvinist pig. Aap kya mujhe choroge? Mai aapko chorti hoon. Aur sahi kaha nahi hai ye aapka bacha. Ye sirf mera bacha hai.." she said firmly.

" Saaliiiii..." he raised his hand to slap her.

His mom held his hand and slapped him.

"Ye galti dubara mat karna..ek baar maar liya toh iska matlab ye nahi hai k tu ye dubara karega. Sharam aati hai mujhe k tere jaise ghatiya insaan ko maine janam diya." She cried.

She wiped her tears and an envelope on his hands.
"Sign kar" she said.
"Kya hai ye?" He asked.
"Divorce papers" she said.
He opened it and saw Sana's signature was already done.
He looked at Sana angrily and signed the papers, threw it and left the room.

Sana's mother-in-law patted her head. Sana hugged her tightly and started crying over her fate. People have a perception that every mother-in-law is typically saas who favours her child over daughter-in-law. Shanta( Raj's mom) somewhere favoured her child in the beginning but she realised her mistake that she destroyed the life of an innocent girl. She decided to rectify her mistake by setting her free from the cage.
The Sana did not ask for anything for her baby's survival and alimony in the legal action. She chose her self respect. She walked out of the courtroom with her head held high.

Sidharth turned and saw her lost.
"Ms Gill" he said.
"Huhh" she said lost.
"Where are you lost?" He asked.
"Nowhere" she shaked her head in denial mode.

One of Rida's hands was in Sidharth's hand and the other in Shehnaz's. Rida looked at her hands and smiled. They were walking like a perfect family.

Thank you so much. How was it? Tell me in the comment section.

Signing off..
S..