(23) five shots

a/n: for this one, i got inspired by the 11th episode of the 1st season of daredevil, or the kidnapping of karen in particular. plus, i decided to include (well, rather mention) kilgrave from jessica jones. for those who haven't watched the series, kilgrave is able to control minds at his will, but he uses that ability for... cruel villain stuff, i guess (at this point i'm also inserting a warning for violence). enjoy reading! <3

✰ ✰ ✰

A gasp escaped [Name]'s lips

A gasp escaped [Name]'s lips. Sultry, damp air filled her lungs. Her head was still spinning, yet the dizziness was slowly fading. Then it hit her.

The mission. What was happening?

Calming her heavy breathing seemed nearly impossible, she could feel the thin layer of sweat covering her chest, making her skin stick to her clothing.

Her eyes shot up, taking in her surroundings as her vision began to clear, its previous blur slowly fading. Brick walls, dark and grimy. Through the dirty glass of a single window across the room, the skyline of the city was visible, hopefully still New York City. She had no idea for how long she'd been knocked out.

Above her head, she spotted a light bulb dangling from the ceiling, flies buzzing around it. The light emanating from it was dull and flickering, yet it was enough to illuminate her face and the wooden table that separated her as well as the chair she was sitting on from a second chair.

A man sat there, a slight smirk plastered onto his lips. He almost seemed... unreal in this environment, this filthy room, with his expensive looking suit, his flawlessly combed, dirty blonde hair.

"Look who's awake after all."

God, just a couple of words coming from his lips and his voice, his haughty tone already annoyed her to death. She scoffed.

"Why am I here?"

His response was a chuckle.

"I believe you know. Y'know, sometimes... making certain choices brings you into certain situations, don't you agree?"

[Name] couldn't help but scoff again, trying to conceal the worry that bubbled up inside her. What happened to Romanoff and Rhodes? Where were they?

"I know who you work for. Why don't you just hand me over to Kilgrave and let him do whatever he sent you here for instead of beating around the bush?" she hissed.

There it was again, that chuckle escaping that man's lips. "Aw, young lady, but where's the fun? Don't you young folks want to have that nowadays anymore?"

The corner of her mouth twitched upwards, her gaze stern, focused on this son of a bitch. "Do I look like I'm going to tell you anything?"
If she was being honest, she had no clue what this guy would aim for. Her skills? Her knowledge? Could be anything, Kilgrave was nearly unpredictable.