What's Going On?

Chapter 16

*Stephanie's POV*

And the New Diva's Champion is.... Scarlett!!! My music played through the arena and I was more than ecstatic. Nikki was out of the picture for Diva's Champ and now I was in. Within moments, Seth came out from being the Gorilla and made his way to the ring. Surprisingly, the fans were cheering for both of us. Seth had fought his match and won. He stepped into the ring and I held my title proudly. He quickly came up to me and went in for a kiss. He leaned close and I leaned close an-

The door squeaked open and light shined through it. I waited for my eyes to adjust a bit and saw Seth. Seth came through the door and neared the bed. He sat on the bed near my feet. He leaned one arm by my calves and spoke, "Steph, I know you're awake. I saw you looking at me. You okay?"

"Okay?" I questioned as I sat up and leaned the palms of my hands on the bed. He stopped leaning on his one arm and put his hand on my shin.

"Uh, yeah. How was your nap?" He played off as if there was something I didn't know. I leaned over to the nightstand and turned on the light. I quickly crossed my arms and answered, " It was good, but I have a feeling there's something you're not telling me."

"What? What would I hide from you?" He questioned as he turned more in my direction. I quickly retorted with, "Um oh I don't know, maybe Leighla?"

And with that, Seth was quiet and got up. He quickly spoke again, "Steph, you don't what's going on right now because I don't want you to know. I understand that you're pissed that I won't tell you, but don't act like that. This situation sucks, and I get it that it sucks to be in the dark, but trust me." I sighed and leaned back onto the pillow. He sighed and then spoke again, " Look, I'll drive you home."

I didn't answer for a bit and just stared at him. He stared back and I sighed, "Look, I'm sorry for saying that to you. " I sat back up and extended my hand. He was serious for a moment and I had to pout because he was leaving me hanging. He smirked and chuckled. He pulled me off the bed right into his arms.

"You're something, you know that?"

I laughed as he let go of me and put his hand on my waist guiding me out of the house. We said our goodbyes to Nikki, Randy, Paige, Dolph and... Nattie? Why was Nattie here? I know she's kind of with Randy, but she didn't hang out with us tonight. Well, we said our goodbyes and then Seth directed to me to his car.

I quickly neared the passenger door and he unlocked it. He opened his door and stepped inside. He turned on his car and waited a bit.

"Why can't you tell me about the thing you don't want me to know?" I asked as I buckled my seatbelt and looked at him.

"Steph, we established it already." He sighed and started reversing out of the driveway.

"But-"

"No buts. I told you that I'm keeping it from you for your own good."He said as he put the car into drive and headed towards the direction of my house.

"You didn't me that it was to protect me. You simply said that you didn't want me to know. " I replied sitting upright in my seat. I was looking at him, now worried about the secret. What was he protecting me from? throughout the rest of the car ride, we were both silent. This was the quietest that Seth and I had been since the moment we had met. Once we arrived at the front of my house, he shut off the car and we stayed inside of it for a bit. He looked straight ahead and then sighed. He looked at me and leaned over to grab my hand. I looked back at him and stared into his eyes.
"Steph, you know I care for you a lot. I just always want to give you the best." He spoke as he squeezed my hand a bit and then placed a kiss on it. I didn't say a thing. Why did he have to protect me though? The truth could only set you free, so what was it? What could I believe? Was this secret so destructive?
"I just want to give you the best; and this situation, I can handle it. I can give you the best. So far I am the best!" He laughed a bit, but then continued, "but in all seriousness, I-I-" He started as he gripped my hand tighter and then released. He started to say something, but just stopped.