Prologue

A weak girl was laying on a medical bed, wearing only a surgical dress in a cold room with white tiled walls and flooring. She looked around with a heavy head. It felt like she had been asleep for days, yet she was so tired as though she hadn't slept for an eternity. It was a confusing feeling in a confusing situation.

She couldn't see anyone, but a faint conversation between two men in the hallway outside the room echoed inside. She tried to move only to find that she didn't have the strength.

"So will it work or not?!" A familiar voice that brought warmth to her chest asked hastily.

"We can only wait until the baby's born, Alpha," A male with nasal voice answered. He sounds pressured.

The baby? The girl thought, her eyes rolled to her bulging belly. My baby? She felt a kick inside and her lower stomach tightened. She moaned weakly, closing her eyes again.

"We tried what we could, Alpha. We extracted stem cells from Alphas of small packs and our warriors. It wasn't easy and-" The nasal voice choked with a loud slam.

"Do I look like I care how it's done?!" the Alpha roared and the vibration crept through the thick walls.

Another strong contraction suddenly hit her, and she bit her lip to try holding it in. The girl's eyes were tightly closed, too tired to look at anything, and sweats began forming on her forehead despite the cold air. She was having a difficult time, but she still persevered and kept herself strong despite all the distress she encountered.

"Forgive me, Alpha," the nasal voice whispered with a brief cough. "I injected her with altered alpha-gene therapy, but her body's reaction is very bad. I think it had a wrong effect on her because it deviates from her omega-gene core. She was slowly weakening and there's little to nothing we can do for the moment, aside from waiting for the result," he continued while trying to get his breaths back to normal.

"How long?" The Alpha asked impatiently.

"Maybe in a week or-" He didn't finish his words hearing the girl groaning faintly.

The Alpha sprinted and slammed the surgery room's door open. His eyes stared sharply at the weak girl in the middle of the room. His chest ached a little watching the girl's face in pain.

"Alpha..." The girl whined softly. Her heart fluttered upon seeing the Alpha, and a bit of strength arose in her body. But another contraction happened again with sharp pain and she began screaming.

"You said a week!" In confusion and uneasiness, the Alpha barked to the other man who just came into the room breathlessly.

"What, I... This is too fast," the nasal man approached the girl. His hand was about to touch the girl to check before the Alpha jerked it roughly.

"You have a death wish?" The Alpha's eyes filled with murder intentions.

"Forgive me, Alpha. I'll ask Wendy to come immediately."

The man rushed out of the surgical room. After about a minute, he scurried back in together with a new person, a red-haired woman who seemed to have some sense of urgency to her.

"I'm here, Alpha. Let me check her," the woman named Wendy approached the girl.

The Alpha moved back a bit to give room for Wendy. "Just make sure she's safe," He said.

Wendy nodded and began examining the girl.

"The contraction happens real fast. At this rate the baby will arrive soon," she explained. "I will help her deliver. Dear, please open your legs for me," she said to the girl.

The Alpha glared at the nasal man with a threatening growl.

"I'll wait outside," the man scampered out of the room and closed the door behind him.

The labor happened shortly after. The girl cried in pain and her whole body shook. It almost looked like she was having seizures instead of delivering a baby. The Alpha watched her, concerned about her safety and what will become of the baby.

"I can see the head. Push harder, darling," Wendy said.

The girl took a deep breath, her head and clothes were drenched in sweat. She felt like dying, but with the Alpha there she was determined to endure the agonizing pain. She glimpsed at him with pure love as she gave her last strength to push the baby out. She smiled at the Alpha before she dozed off and fainted.

A newborn cry filled the room. Wendy carefully wrapped and lifted the baby. "It's a boy," Wendy hesitated.

The Alpha approached Wendy and the baby, his face filled with disappointment and rage. "I felt nothing," he scoffed.

"What do you want me to do, Alpha?" Wendy asked.

"Whatever, I don't care." the Alpha said and glanced over the girl with a sad face.

"Save her first," he exhaled before storming out.

The Alpha slammed the door behind him and roared desperately in the hallway. A nasal voice muttered something as their rushed footsteps took off.

Wendy stared at the baby and the girl.

"You poor baby," she said, cleaning and wrapping the baby before putting him down in a bassinet and started attending to the girl.

She was sad, but she couldn't do much. She was merely an Omega tasked to take care of the poor girl simply because she was the infirmary attendants. She also learned how to help with pregnancy and childbirth, and the Alpha knew very well that she wouldn't dare to defy the pack.

She finished cleaning the girl and approached the baby to carry him.

"Hey beautiful baby, you want to see your mother?" She smiled and brought the newborn to his mother.

"That's her," she said. "You look a lot like her."

She sighed, "I know you're not an Alpha, but please be strong for your mother, okay?"

The baby slept and Wendy hugged him, worried about their future, and especially about the baby.