Chapter 22

Ethan jumped up from the chair on his desk inside his bedroom, making the chair tumble and clatter on the floor.

"What is it?" Beth also got up from the bed, looking worried.

Ethan didn't answer right away and seemed troubled instead.

"Ethan?" Beth called again.

Ethan rushed to snatch a backpack under the bed. It was filled with a few clothes and other necessities. They had prepared it since they talked about escaping.

"We have to go," Ethan said.

"Now?!"

"Now!" Ethan grabbed Beth's hand and guided her out of their bedroom.

It had been months since they both were confined in the bedroom, but now that they were out, it felt like years. Everything seemed weird and scary.

From the hall, they could hear Mareen screaming in pain.

"Ethan!" Beth called, still trying to follow Ethan's rushed pace to the stairs.

"It's okay, we have to hurry," Ethan said, but his face looked miserable.

Tears built up in Beth's eyes. Ethan glanced at her and caught a glimpse of her sadness.

He stopped to face her.

"We can't help her, Beth. My father is with her and he has turned into a monster, we'll die."

"She might die too, Ethan," Beth cried, sensing the concern inside Ethan.

"She won't. She might get injured real bad, but I know my father won't kill his mate. And if we don't go now, her suffering will be for nothing."

Beth nodded and wiped her tears. "Okay," she said.

Ethan gave her a peck in the head and continued to lead their escape route.

Downstairs, a few Omegas were gathering and chattering. Their faces were confused and frightened. In the middle, a female maid Omega bent on the floor covering her face.

"It smelled like the Alpha, it was huge," the maid muttered.

All the other Omegas were questioning the maid, and Ethan approached them.

"What's going on?"

"Alpha Ethan," one of the Omegas furrowed his eyebrows, knowing Ethan was supposed to be in his bedroom.

"Uh... The maid said she saw a huge beast coming out of the underground door, and she is certain that it was Alpha Akel," The Omega explained.

Ethan and Beth looked at each other.

"Listen, all of you," Ethan used his Alpha voice.

All of the Omegas stopped talking and looked at Ethan. He never used his Alpha voice before so they were quite stunned.

"Take your families, and tell everyone to get out of this mansion quickly. Heck, tell everyone to stay at least five miles away from here. It's dangerous," Ethan said.

All of the Omegas stared at him credulously.

"Now!" Ethan shouted.

They all looked lost and not sure, until Lane came out of the door.

"You guys should really do what he said, go and hide near the perimeter at least for a day," she said.

Ralf also came out of the door and everyone gasped at his presence.