Chapter 13

Inside the Blackstone mansion, Akel was having a deep conversation with Dale regarding the newfound unexpected effect of their little experiment during Mareen's pregnancy. After hearing what kind of power Kaival actually possessed, Akel became obsessed with his strength. He wanted to learn more, and for that he would need Kaival's blood. But if Kaival was truly as strong as he was told, he knew that recklessly invading the Tribe might only result in instant loss. So he needed to find another way to become stronger first.

"There must be a way to get me the same power," Akel said.

"The experiment didn't react well on Mrs. Mareen's body, Alpha, I don't know if we should do it again," Dale said.

"She was already weak, and pregnancy made her health worse. But overall, the experiment was a success if that boy turns out to have such abilities."

"Are you sure he really possesses all those powers, Alpha?"

"After what I did, it should be impossible for a weak kid to even survive for a day. But not only he did make it through, he also built a fucking shelter for exiles."

"How did he even manage to gather all those exiles?"

"I bet that shitty brat and his mate still haven't told me everything, but it doesn't matter anymore. I've heard enough, and I want his power."

"Do you mean you want to try the same experiment on yourself, Alpha?"

"What? Do you think I'm stupid to risk my own life? I need adult werewolves as a subject for our experiment," Akel declared.

"But Alpha, our Pack is already in a dire condition from Alpha Acher's last fit. If we add another strain by forcing them to be experiment subjects, we will risk the pack's stability." Dale replied.

"Yeah, that fucking ungrateful, useless son," Akel pinched his nose. "Unless," he glinted, "we let him loose."

"What do you mean, Alpha?"

"We can let him run rampant outside our territory," Akel beamed.

"I don't understand," Dale gulped, not wanting to admit that he actually did.

"Prepare everything we need for the experiment. I will let Acher go and search for his mate. This will be perfect," Akel laughed as he left Dale dazzling alone in the surgery room.

Cold sweat formed on Dale's forehead. If Akel was really meant to use Acher's rage on other packs to collect experiment subjects, things would not turn out reasonably. He slumped on the floor, disturbed by what might come about. He regretted that he ever helped with the first experiment. If he knew it would work in an unexpected result that led Alpha Akel to a new obsession, he would rather say he didn't know how to do it in the first place..

"Wendy, I wish you were still here," he muttered to himself.

* * * * *

A small pack of only a couple dozen members was left devastated. They lived together in a large house peacefully before Acher came and raided their home unexpectedly. It was the third pack destroyed by Acher after Akel let him loose.

Acher knew that most likely Siara was with Kaival. But hearing about what Kaival was capable of, he hesitated going straight to the Tribe, and lashed his frustration at small packs instead. He held a false hope that somehow Siara turned out to be in one of the packs he attacked, and he used the excuse to justify his action.

After Acher left the house and headed to his next slaughter, Akel's Beta along with some warriors stepped in.

"Gather anyone who is still alive, but leave the Omegas, seniors and minors. Prioritize the higher ranked," Ralf, the Beta, ordered.