Chapter 10

In the snowy mountains, the morning weather was nice. Three wild gray wolves were playing outside the cabin. Kaival got out and greeted the wolves cheerfully. They played for a bit before he held his hand up and had some kind of deep telepathic conversation with them.

Siara walked out of the cabin, closed the door and observed them from the porch.

"You look so serious," Siara smiled after the wolves ran back into the woods.

"Hey, you're ready?" Kaival turned and grinned.

Siara bounced down the stairs and hugged him. She got her long hair tied up in a ponytail, and her face looked fresh after a week of feeling completely free from her bond and pain. They both spent two days after their intercourse like a couple in love. Though Kaival always backed off every time things were getting too intimate and never properly replied to Siara's declaration of love, he kept displaying his love through kind and affectionate treatments that somehow overcame any doubts in her heart.

"I'm ready to follow you anywhere," Siara planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Then I'll be careful not to lead you down the tough path," he caressed her chin and kissed her lips.

"Are we walking there? Is it far?" Siara asked, loosening her hug.

"It's quite far, and I'll carry you there."

"Um, I can walk, even run, you know."

"I know, but it would be faster for me to carry you," Kaival chuckled.

"Sorry for being slow," Siara pouted.

"It's not that, Siara. I'm just fast," he bragged.

Siara punched his arm.

"It's also safer for you, that way your smell won't linger in our path," he laughed.

"That's a reason I can accept," she claimed.

"Okay, now this might look a bit disgusting, but please bear with it," Kaival smirked.

Siara tilted her head in confusion, but soon her eyes widened as she saw brown and gray hairs emerging on Kaival's body. His face structure changed and his canines elongated. His legs extended and shaped like hind legs. His loose curls still dangling flawlessly from his head. He looked like somewhere between a human and a wolf. Siara scolded herself for finding him attractive in any form.

"Whoa," Siara's mouth gaped.

"Do I look scary?" Kaival's voice was deeper and huskier.

"Uh... Just... Different, I guess?"

"I'm faster like this, and my clothes are intact. I hope you don't mind."

"Nope, it's fine. I didn't know we could half-shift," Siara scanned Kaival's new form in amazement.

"Well, I can," Kaival hesitated.

"I figured. Okay, where should I mount?"

"Hey, I'm not a ride. Though I don't mind you riding me," Kaival winked.

Siara blushed as Kaival lifted her and propped her in front of him on his waist. Siara hugged his neck tightly and leaned on his shoulder. His hair felt soft on her skin.

"Clingy," Kaival teased her.

"I just-"

"Don't let go of me," he said before Siara could complain.

With a sharp dash, Kaival began running at a high speed. Siara closed her eyes, startled at the sudden wind on her face. When she slowly peeked around, they were already inside the woods. The trees were blurring from their speed, but she could see three gray wolves running in front of them. Kaival caught up to the wolves in a breeze, and soon they were far behind.