Chapter 12

The black SUV Ethan drove entered the Blackstone Pack territory at night. Beth was getting anxious. She already missed Siara and the Tribe, though it's only been a day since she left. Beth knew how cruel the Alpha of the pack Ethan was taking her into from her past, and she also heard Siara's story. Coming back into a corrupted pack was scary enough, she could only hope no one recognized her.

Ethan told her about his relationship with Kaival on their way. Beth already loved him the moment they marked each other, but learning that he was Kaival's brother added more trust and relief to her heart.

Ethan held her hand in reassurement as the car slowed down into the dark mansion's driveway. They stopped in front of the large dark twin doors. Beth stared at Ethan nervously and he gave her a quick peck on the lips before he let go of her hand.

"Alpha Ethan," a male Omega strode over to greet him.

Ethan nodded as he got out of the car and handed him the keys. Beth also got out and the male Omega was stunned.

"Where's my brother?" Ethan asked the Omega.

"Uh... at his office, I guess," he answered, still baffled at Beth's presence.

"Buy me a new phone tomorrow, mine's broken," Ethan tossed his cracked phone that fell and got smashed on the road when he shifted into a wolf to chase his mate.

"Sure," the omega catched the phone sloppily, and it slipped his hand to the ground, shattered in two directions.

Ethan took a glance as the poor Omega frantically tried to gather the pieces. He patted the panicked Omega's back and took Beth's hand before walking inside the mansion, straight to the second floor to his bedroom. They walked past a few other Omegas inside the mansion, and Beth could see the disbelief in their eyes. She tried to ignore them as they went upstairs and reached a large door.

"I need you to wait here while I deal with Acher," Ethan said, opening his door.

Beth didn't have the chance to get inside before another door creaked open and heavy footsteps stomped to their direction. When she turned around to see who it was, Ethan quickly stepped in front of her and hid her behind him. Beth's heart dropped when she peeked the massive figure in front of her mate.

"That's not Siara," Acher snarled.

"Acher," Ethan greeted him, still trying to hide Beth.

"You said you'll bring Siara back here," Acher glared dangerously at Ethan.

"I searched everywhere, there is no trace of her."

"So you dare to bring home another girl instead? Are you trying to mock me?"

"She is my mate. I just happen to found her while searching for Siara," Ethan raised his hand slowly, trying to keep some distance.

Acher snatched Ethan's collar and brought him close to his face.

"Should I kill your mate to make you find mine?" Acher breathed on Ethan's face.

The threat angered Ethan to his core. "Over my dead body," Ethan grabbed Acher's collar back.

"Well that's easy," Acher let go of Ethan's collar and choked his neck instead, ready to snap it.

"No!" Beth shouted.

Ethan pushed Acher away from Beth. His strength didn't get Acher too far, but the force was enough to remove Acher's hand from his neck, leaving bloody scrapes. Ethan lunged and landed a punch on Acher's face. The action triggered more outrage from both sides.

The two large male began exchanging punches, though it seemed more like Ethan was the one getting beat up. Beth was screaming and crying, scared about her mate's safety. She was begging them to stop, but obviously her voice was deserted in the middle of all the growling and grunting.