Chapter 11

Ethan had been away from the Blackstone territory for two months. He searched everywhere for his brother's mate to no avail. He was getting desperate, but another side of him was relieved that he could have a break from the suffocating life at the mansion for so long. He enjoyed his moment of liberty, but at the same time worried about the condition of the pack being left with his father and brother.

He was inside a bar in a small town, drinking a glass of liquor. He checked his phone for a message from the families victimized by Acher. He had been sending them messages at least twice a week asking for any help they might need, but not a single message was replied. He exhaled a long breath and arranged to send them financial help, even though he knew that it wouldn't do much for their broken mentality.

He put his phone back in his pocket and contemplated if he should go back home. His considerable figure and striking features were captivating for humans around him. Since he first entered the place, eyes were gazing at him. The moment he sat down, a human female quickly approached him only to be shut down instantly. Few other beautiful human females tried to breach his wall but he preserved his stature. He never showed interest in females other than his mate which he'd been yearning for years.

The bar's door jingled and someone came in. As the outside breeze seeped through, a wonderful smell hit Ethan's nose and his heartbeat throb intensely. He threw money on the bar table and rushed outside. The smell fainted but he took a deep breath, filling his lungs, and his eyes darted to an old car parked by the end of the town's road. He sprinted to the car as it made a quick turn and sped away.

"How does he find out about us?" A young male inside the car panicked.

"I don't know, Jake, keep driving," Kaival said.

Kaival, Jake, Siara, and Beth were going to buy some necessities at one of the nearby towns. The Tribe's members can only go out if Kaival was with them, since he could mask their scent. Werewolves were everywhere, and as outcasts they were usually being targeted by packs for slaves. Being used to living free and peacefully at the Tribe, they wouldn't want that to happen.

"Beth, why are you shaking?" Siara hugged Beth, who was seated next to her in the back seat.

"I think... that was my mate," Beth said.

"What? Are you sure?" Siara choked.

"I feel it, Siara, what should I do?" Beth's voice was cracking.

"Maybe that's why he was aware of us coming," Kaival said.

"Are you sure he was from the Blackstone Pack?" Siara asked.

"That's Ethan, Siara," Kaival's voice echoed in Siara's mind. His enhanced senses had read that there was someone from Blackstone Pack in the town, but only after Ethan got out of the bar Kaival recognized his scent.

"Oh no...." Siara gasped.

"What? Who is it?" Beth and Jake asked at the same time.

Kaival never used telepathy to anyone except Siara. No one in the Tribe knew exactly what power Kaival possessed, they simply accepted that he was strong and protected them all.

"Siara, who is he?" Beth pleaded.

"Beth, are you really sure he's your mate?" Kaival confirmed.

"He is. Please, if we're running from him, can I at least know who he is?" Beth and all the members of the Tribe trusted Kaival so much that they would follow all his decisions without questioning why.

Kaival clenched his fist on his jaw, thinking deeply. He stared at the side mirror as Ethan shifted into a black and gray wolf to chase them faster, his eyes were sad and desperate with the distance that kept getting farther away. Kaival let out a deep breath.