Chapter 14

A sensation of a sharp pain followed by something being pulled from deep inside his lower back slowly awoken Ralf. He groaned and his eyes fluttered open, annoyed by the discomfort. An unfamiliar surrounding loomed into his sight. By the damp smell mixed with something pleasantly endearing, he recognized that he was still somewhere in the underground area of the mansion.

He looked around at the stone wall and stainless table beside him, filled with silver tipped surgery tools and needles. He realized that he was laying on his right side, tied up to a black leathered surgical bed. The pulling in his lower back continued while he regained his awareness.

"He wakes up, don't you want to greet him?" Ralf heard Akel's voice behind him.

"Ralf?" A beautiful voice that he missed so much sang his name.

"Lane?" He called his mate, the enchanting scent he smelled hit him as hers. "Lane?" He called again with longing and creeps in his voice, all his senses surged back.

Two footsteps paced to his front, and he saw Alpha Akel holding his tied-up mate. He jerked desperately, attempting to to break out and rushed over his mate, but his body and limbs were strapped down and he felt somewhat weaker and tired.

"Beta, please relax, you still have traces of wolfsbane inside your bloodstream. Recklessly moving will make it worse. Also, you risk breaking this needle inside you," Dale spoke right behind Ralf, holding a needle attached to his lower back.

"Alpha Akel, what is the meaning of this? What are you doing? Why is my mate tied up? Where is my son?" Ralf questioned, his eyes filled with confusion.

"Dale is extracting your bone marrow, and later we also need your blood. Lane here is just making sure you are being cooperative, and your son is safe in one of the cells, for now," Akel said, putting his hand on Lane's shoulder.

"What? Did you induce another experiment? Is your mate pregnant again?"

"Don't be stupid, I had enough pups," Akel laughed. "But yes, I am experimenting. That's why I need you and the other Warriors."

"Other Warriors?"

"Yeah, most of them had turned into my beloved subjects, and now it's your turn."

"I've been cooperative all the time, why is it necessary to take Lane?" A hint of anger weighed down Ralf's voice.

"Because I need to make sure that you stay cooperative after the experiment."

"What? Why wouldn't I?"

"I'll be experimenting on you," Akel grinned.

Ralf's face drowned in horror and feeling betrayed. He understood that his Alpha was ruthless, but he never thought that he would also be the victim of his wicked mind. He didn't know exactly what kind of experiment Akel tried to conduct this time, but being a subject that needed to be restrained and threatened with hostage can't be good.

"Alpha Akel, please spare him, he's been nothing but loyal to you," Lane shook herself out of Akel's arm and kneeled down on him, her head almost touching the ground.

"Lane, I like that you and your mate are such a submissive couple, but I need him," Akel stared down at Lane coldly. "Don't worry, with his strength, I know he'll survive. He might even be the best one yet," Akel continued, staring at Ralf with weird anticipation and greed.

Ralf stared sadly at his mate as she broke down and cried. From her reaction, he figured that she might have known what kind of sick experiment Akel was doing. Looking at Lane begging for his life crushed his heart. He wasn't sure of what might be done to him, but there was no one in the world that he loved and cared about as much as his mate and only son.