Chapter 6

The birds chirped joyfully, and a door creaked open. Siara sluggishly tried to open her eyes. Everything that happened to her felt like a long, exhausting dream. Despair and sorrow began swelling up inside her thinking about how she failed miserably to escape.

"You're awake?" Suddenly an unfamiliar voice called her.

The voice snapped her consciousness right back and her eyes opened wide. She quickly sat up despite the pang in her belly, and frantically looked around. Everything was foreign to her. She was wearing a clean long sleeve oversized shirt on a bed with old sheets and an aged thick blanket inside a small wooden cabin. The window's outworn curtains were closed but it was bright outside. A man stood near the cabin's door staring at her.

"Who..." Siara tried to ask but her throat was extremely dry.

"Don't worry, you're safe," the man put his hand up to calm her, and slowly took a seat next to the bed.

"My name is Kaival," he introduced himself while pouring her a glass of water.

Siara took the water, slowly drinking it. It was so refreshing, she could feel her dehydration fading away.

"I took you here, and this place is far from Blackstone's territory. You escaped successfully." Kaival explained as he took away her empty glass.

His words were unbelievable at first, but looking at the unknown place, a surge of overwhelming relief gushed inside her.

"I... I did? I really did?" She burst into tears.

She couldn't believe she escaped the impossible situation. She was trembling with happiness, but also sadness from losing Wendy and worrying about what might happen to Mareen. Kaival kept silent, giving her the much needed time to adjust her emotions.

After a while, Siara calmed down and stared at the man who helped her. With stable emotion and clear sight, she realized how stunning the male sitting beside her was.

Kaival was not a large male. He was 183 cm (approx. 6 foot) tall with a lean body and just the ideal amount of muscles. Wearing a white tank, Siara could see that on his left arm, up to his shoulder was covered in gray wash tattoos that defined his strong biceps even more. His neck-length chestnut brown loose curls looked messy but it framed his face perfectly. A faded scar across his face did not lessen his charming gaze that could melt anyone's heart. A strong aura surrounded him and every move he made was just beautiful. His mesmerizing dark brown eyes were staring at Siara and somehow it made her face blushed a bit.

"I'm Siara. Thank you for helping me," she said, averting his gaze.

"No problem," Kaival said, now even his voice sounded so alluring.

"How do you know I'm escaping from the Blackstone Pack?" Siara asked.

Kaival looked hesitant. "Why don't we focus on getting your health back first?" He said, looking at her belly.

Siara almost forgot about her internal injury. It didn't hurt that much anymore but the uncomfortable feeling and numbness still lingers. Siara stared back at Kaival wanting to ask so many questions but she held back, choosing to enjoy her newly achieved freedom first.

"You slept for a week, so there's still another week for you to fully heal," Kaival stood up and walked to the kitchen.

"You must be hungry," he said, preparing something.

Siara was still confused about how Kaival seemed to know about everything, but she was also starving and the smell of a warm broth filled up her nose. A sudden sting invaded her neck and she touched the sore skin where Acher marked her. She looked down with an empty gaze, skeptical about what was going to happen to her with the mark.