Chapter 9

A loud crash filled the exclusive dining room in the Blackstone Mansion. Acher screamed in anger and desperation as he felt Siara's connection fading away. He trashed everything on the table and threw glasses on the walls.

"What are you doing, Acher?" A man sitting next to him asked, confused by his sudden outrage.

"Get out all of you!" Acher shouted.

All men except the one asking, scurried away from the room and closed the door.

"You too, Ethan!" Acher snarled to the man.

"Not until you tell me what makes you throw my dinner to the floor," Ethan said.

Acher glared at his little brother. Ethan looked exactly like their father with his black straight hair and dark eyes, but he was smaller. Though he was born as an Alpha, he was not that strong. Acher constantly questioned if he was actually his brother, but his mother always assured him that he was, despite the different treatment she gave them both. Now with their mother gone, Acher chose to quit doubting since he got no one else he can trust, especially not their father who relentlessly killed his mother.

Acher fixed his flipped chair and sat back down. His hand covered his face on the dining table.

"My mate," he whispered.

"What about her?" Ethan asked, his eyebrows furrowed hearing a rare hint of sadness in his vicious brother's voice.

"She got rid of the mark I gave her," Acher lifted his head, his face was miserable.

"What? That's not possible, brother," Ethan shook his head.

"Are you saying that I lied?" Acher snarled.

"No, of course not, but how?"

"I don't fucking know how, but she did!"

Both Acher and Ethan fell in a confusing silence. Getting rid of a mark was impossible. Once marked, a werewolf was bound to love the one who gave it till death.

"Is it because you marked her before the right time?" Ethan asked.

"I don't know, Ethan," Acher said.

"Do you think it has something to do with father's mate?"

Ethan's question startled Acher's feelings. Since he was so sure Mareen helped his mate escape, she more than likely had something to do with severing the mate bond. She might have known how, and taught Siara.

"I need to ask her," Acher gritted his teeth and clenched his palms.

"How, Acher? Ever since mother's death, father has always kept her by his side. No one can even look her in the eye."

"I'll just ask, Ethan," Acher stood up ready to leave the room.

"Wait, I'll come with you," Ethan quickly followed his brother.

They strolled out of the dining room and went upstairs to their father's office. Alpha Akel had his dinner in his office together with Mareen. After Cassie's death, Akel never wanted to be in the same room with his sons, and he brought Mareen everywhere to make sure Acher couldn't do anything to harm her.

Acher opened the office door.

"Father," he called, looking directly at Alpha Akel and ignoring the woman on his lap.

"Haven't you ever learned how to knock?" Akel glared at Acher and tightened his arm around Mareen.

"Father," Ethan followed Acher inside.