CHAPTER 12 UNASKED QUESTION

Third person's pov

The following week Irene went out with Bogum more. But when Seulgi asked her out she would say she is tired or she is busy. But Seulgi didn't lose her hope and planned a secret event. She didn't even let her other members know about her plan even Wendy. But she asked help from her other friends Jisoo, Lisa and Moonbyul.

Seulgi had spent weeks meticulously planning the perfect surprise for Irene. She wanted to ask her to be her girlfriend in a way she'd never forget.She rented a resort and with the help of the three, they transformed the backyard into a magical setting for what was meant to be a heartfelt confession.

She asked blackpink members to invite all her members to this party. She still didn't want to reveal to them that she is the one who organised the party. She told the Blackpink members to not to told who organised this party.She also invited Mamamoo,Twice,SNSD and some male idols who are close to Irene and the members.

At Party

Under the shimmering string lights and surrounded by a blanket of stars, Seulgi had orchestrated an evening filled with all of Irene's favorite things - her beloved jazz playlist softly serenading the scene, an array of her favorite snacks, and a cozy corner with blankets and pillows.

Seulgi watched Irene from afar, her laughter dancing through the air as she mingled with friends. Her heart raced, and her palms grew sweaty as she clutched the small velvet box hidden in her pocket, containing a delicate silver necklace with a heart-shaped pendant.

Tonight was the night. She couldn't wait any longer to let Irene know how she felt. She had rehearsed her speech a thousand times in her mind, but now, when the moment was upon her, her tongue felt heavy, and her legs like jelly.

As she made her way towards Irene, Jisoo, Lisa and Moonbyul subtly spread the word among the guests to gather around the beautiful fire pit they'd set up at the center of the yard. It was time to create a lasting memory.

Just as Seulgi was about to tap Irene on the shoulder and ask her to join her by the fire, fate intervened. A tall, dark-haired man named Bogum, who had been trying to win Irene's heart for weeks, stepped forward. He wore a confident smile and sent a smirk to Seulgi that sent a pang of jealousy through her chest.

Without hesitation, Bogum dropped to one knee, pulling out a velvet box, similar to the one Seulgi held. A hush fell over the crowd, and all eyes turned to the unexpected spectacle unfolding before them.

"Irene, I've waited for you for too long," Bogum began, his voice carrying through the silent night. "But tonight, I can't keep my feelings hidden any longer.Irene, I love you, and I want to spend every moment with you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Irene's eyes widened in surprise, and she looked from Bogum to Seulgi, who stood there, stunned and heartbroken. In that agonizing moment, she made her decision.

With tears glistening in her eyes, Irene nodded, her voice trembling as she said, "Yes, Bogum, I will."

The crowd erupted into applause, and Seulgi felt like she was in a dream. She stepped back, trying to mask the pain that threatened to overwhelm her. Her plan, her feelings, everything she'd poured into this night had been stolen by another.

Bogum and Irene embraced, their happiness radiating through the air, and Seulgi's heart sank further with each passing second. She turned away from the scene, unable to bear the sight of the woman she loved in the arms of another man.

Her friends rushed to her side, their expressions filled with sympathy and concern. Moonbyul patted her back, and Jisoo whispered, "I'm so sorry, Seulgi."

Seulgi managed a weak smile, trying to hide her heartache. "It's okay, guys. I'm glad she's happy."

But as she retreated to a quiet corner of the yard, tears welled up in her eyes, and she realized her words that, she will let her go if Irene found someone for her. She promised Irene that she will never force her feelings on her. When she tried to go home she heard a conversation that made her blood boiled because of anger.

What do you think she heard??