CHAPTER 23 Seulgi's Struggle (Part 2)

The Red Velvet members gathered at their practice room, excitement in the air as they prepared for their final rehearsal before the world tour. Their coordinator had given them a stern reminder about the importance of this practice, and the pressure was on to ensure everything was perfect.

As the members chatted and warmed up, Seulgi couldn't help but feel a growing sense of unease deep within her. Her health had taken a turn for the worse recently, and today, the fatigue was more pronounced than ever. She had hoped to push through it, not wanting to worry her friends, but as they prepared to leave for the rehearsal venue, she couldn't shake the dizziness that washed over her.

Seulgi glanced at her manager, who sat beside her in the car. Her manager had been supportive and understanding of her condition, accompanying her to regular doctor's appointments and helping her manage her symptoms. But today, as Seulgi's vision blurred and the world seemed to spin around her, her manager's face contorted in alarm.

"Seulgi, are you okay?" her manager asked, voice laced with concern.

Seulgi attempted to respond, but her words came out slurred, and she felt herself losing consciousness. Panic coursed through her as she succumbed to the darkness.

Back at the practice room, the members were growing increasingly anxious. Seulgi was never late for rehearsals, and they had been waiting for her for an unusually long time. Their coordinator, known for her strict and no-nonsense attitude, was not pleased.

Irene, who had been growing frustrated by the minute, couldn't contain her irritation any longer. She shot a glare at the clock on the wall, muttering under her breath, "Where is Seulgi? We can't afford to waste any more time."

Wendy, who had noticed Irene's growing agitation, tried to calm her down. "I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation, Irene. Let's not jump to conclusions."

But as more time passed, Irene's patience wore thin, and her frustration boiled over. She stormed over to their coordinator and demanded an answer. "Why is Seulgi still not here? We've been waiting for ages!"

Their coordinator's expression darkened, and she scolded the group sternly. "This is unacceptable! We have a tight schedule to keep, and Seulgi's tardiness is wasting our precious rehearsal time. I expect everyone to be punctual and take this world tour seriously."

Just as the members were about to offer explanations or apologies on Seulgi's behalf, the practice room door swung open, and Seulgi stumbled in, her face pale and disheveled. The room fell silent as they stared at her, surprised and concerned by her appearance.

Seulgi's heart pounded as she faced her friends. She knew she had to come up with an explanation, but the truth was too frightening to reveal. Her manager had rushed her to her regular doctor after she fainted in the car, and the doctor had advised rest and observation. She had been given medication to manage her symptoms, but the fear of her friends finding out about her illness had kept her from explaining her absence.

"I... I'm so sorry for being late," Seulgi stammered, her voice shaky. "I forgot something important back at the dorm, and we had to go back to get it. It won't happen again."

Irene's frustration boiled over as she heard Seulgi's excuse. She had already been on edge because of the coordinator's scolding, and Seulgi's explanation felt like a flimsy excuse to her. "Seulgi, this is the final rehearsal before our world tour. We can't afford to be careless. Your lack of seriousness is affecting all of us."

Seulgi's eyes welled up with tears as she tried to defend herself. "Unnie, I am serious about this tour. I would never jeopardize our performance on purpose."

Irene, however, was too upset to listen. She lashed out with hurtful words, her frustration and concern for Seulgi's commitment to the tour bubbling to the surface. "You say you're serious, Seulgi, but your actions speak otherwise. We can't rely on someone who can't even make it to practice on time."

Seulgi's heart shattered at Irene's harsh words. She wanted to explain, to tell her friends the truth about her condition, but the fear of burdening them and letting them down kept her silent. She wiped away her tears, vowing to herself that she would work even harder to prove her dedication.

As the rehearsal continued, tension hung in the air, and Seulgi danced and sang with a heavy heart. She knew she had to find a way to make it through the tour without revealing her secret, for the sake of her friends and their dreams.

In the weeks that followed, Seulgi pushed herself to the limit, managing her symptoms as best as she could. Her manager continued to monitor her closely, but the strain of keeping her condition hidden was taking a toll on her both physically and emotionally.

"Sometimes, the greatest battles we fight are the ones we keep hidden from the world."