Chapter 15 Secret sacrifice led to misunderstanding

After her schedule Seulgi was called by her CEO to his office.

PD nim: (Sighs) Seulgi, I need to talk to you about something important.

Seulgi: (Curious) What's up, PD nim? Is something wrong?

PD nim: (Nods) Yes, something quite serious, actually. (Shows a picture on his phone)

Seulgi: (Gasps) That's Irene and her boyfriend! Where did you get this?

PD nim: (Solemnly) Dispatch captured this picture of them going on a date. They want to post it on the internet.

Seulgi: (Worried) Oh no, this could cause a scandal! Irene's dating life is supposed to be private.

PD nim: (Nods) Exactly, Seulgi. It could potentially damage the group's image and affect Irene personally. That's why I called you in here.

After a long silence....

Seulgi: (Nervous) PD nim, I have a way to handle this situation with Irene's picture. What if we offered them something else instead?

PD nim: (Curious) What do you have in mind, Seulgi?

Seulgi: (Hesitant) Well, what if I offered a picture of me with my best friend Sunmi unnie hugging together? We could give that to Dispatch instead of Irene's photo.

PD nim: (Taken aback) Seulgi, are you sure about this? It could potentially harm your own career.

Seulgi: (Determined) I know it's a risk, PD nim, but I'd rather take the fall for my group and Irene. We can't let Irene's personal life be exposed like that.

PD nim: (Concerned) Seulgi, I appreciate your willingness to protect the group, but this could affect your image and future opportunities.

Seulgi: (Resolute) I'm willing to take that risk, PD nim. Irene means a lot to me, and I can't stand by and let her face this alone.

PD nim: (Sighs) I understand your loyalty, Seulgi. This is a difficult decision, and I won't pressure you into it. But it's crucial to protect Irene and the group's reputation.

Seulgi: (Serious) I've thought about it, and I'm willing to do it. We have to do whatever it takes to keep our group safe.

PD nim: (Relieved) Thank you, Seulgi. I'll make sure to handle it as discreetly as possible.

[The plan is set into motion, and Seulgi's determination to protect her group shines through. PD nim delivers the fake photo to Dispatch, and they agree not to publish Irene's picture. Time passes, and Red Velvet continues their activities but a certain someone is getting some hurt comments on internet but some of her true fans supports her decision and defends her.]