CHAPTER 16 SHOCK AFTER SHOCK

RED VELVET PRACTICE ROOM

Seulgi sat in the practice room with her Red Velvet members, trying her best to maintain a sense of normalcy despite the growing tension within the group. The recent misunderstanding about her supposed relationship with Sunmi had strained their relationships, and Seulgi desperately wished to clear the air. As they sat there, Seulgi's phone buzzed with an incoming call. She glanced at the caller ID and saw that it was her mother.

Seulgi: (Whispers) Excuse me, I need to take this call.

She got up and walked a few steps away from her group members, pressing the answer button with trembling fingers.

Seulgi: (Nervous) Hello, Mom?

Seulgi's Mother: (Stern) Kang Seulgi, do you have any idea what you've done?

Seulgi: (Confused) Mom, what are you talking about?

Seulgi's Mother: (Angry) Don't play dumb with me, young lady! I saw the news about you and that girl, Sunmi. Is this what I raised you for? To bring disgrace to our family?

Seulgi: (Hurt) Mom, it's not what you think. Sunmi is just a friend. I'm not dating her.

Seulgi's Mother: (Disappointed) Friends don't hug like that, Seulgi. I can't believe you'd do something like this. You're supposed to be a role model, not a disgrace.

Seulgi's heart sank as her mother's words cut deep. She could feel the eyes of her group members on her, and her face turned pale. She fought back tears, not wanting to break down in front of her friends.

Seulgi: (Defensive) Mom, please, just listen to me. It's a misunderstanding. I can explain.

Seulgi's Mother: (Furious) Explain? You think an explanation will make this right? You've brought shame upon our family, Seulgi!

Seulgi: (Voice quivering) Mom, I didn't do anything wrong. I promise you.

Seulgi's Mother: (Cold) I don't want to hear it. I've had enough of your excuses.

Seulgi's heart ached as she felt her mother's rejection. She glanced back at her group members, who were watching her closely, their expressions a mix of concern and disappointment. Seulgi quickly ended the call and returned to the living room.

Irene: (Cold) Everything okay, Seulgi?

Seulgi: (Forced smile) Yeah, just a family matter. Don't worry about it.

After the call with her mother, Seulgi and her members stated to practice for their upcoming comeback

The practice room was alive with energy as Red Velvet rehearsed their latest dance routine. Seulgi, fought to hide the discomfort that had been gnawing at her. She couldn't afford to let her groupmates see her weakness, not now.