Chapter 34 Reunion and Revelation

It had been six long months since Seulgi had taken a hiatus from Red Velvet to focus on her health and well-being. The members of the group had missed her dearly during her absence, and they had been counting the days until her return. As Seulgi walked into the Red Velvet dorm, she was greeted with cheers, hugs, and smiles. Her fellow members had prepared a special dinner to celebrate her return, and the atmosphere was filled with warmth and joy.

Wendy, Joy, Yeri, and Irene gathered around the table, their faces beaming with happiness. They welcomed Seulgi with open arms and heartfelt words.

"Seulgi, we've missed you so much!" Wendy exclaimed, pulling her into a tight hug.

Joy echoed the sentiment, "Yeah, it just wasn't the same without you here."

Yeri grinned, "We even made your favorite dishes for dinner!"

Seulgi felt overwhelmed with emotion as she looked at her members. "Thank you, guys. I missed you all too."

Irene, who had been fidgeting at the corner of the table, felt her heart race as she watched Seulgi. After discovering that Seulgi was her childhood friend and the depth of love Seulgi had held for her, Irene saw her in a different light. Seulgi's smiles, her laughter, and the way she carried herself held a new level of significance for Irene. Whenever Seulgi smiled, Irene's heart would skip a beat.

After their delightful dinner, Irene decided to visit Seulgi in her room. She couldn't hold back the swirling emotions and the revelations she had discovered about Seulgi's feelings and her own experiences with Bogum any longer. As she entered Seulgi's room, she found her friend sitting on the edge of her bed, looking at her with a warm smile.

"Seulgi," Irene began, her voice soft and uncertain, "I need to talk to you about something."

Seulgi nodded, her eyes filled with curiosity. "Of course, Irene. What's on your mind?"

But before Irene could utter a word, Seulgi started speaking, her words filled with sincerity and vulnerability. "Irene, I want you to know that I've had some time to think during my hiatus. I've come to realize that the feelings I had for you, they're not fair to you or to me. I don't want to hold onto something that might never happen."

Irene felt shock coursing through her veins upon hearing this unexpected confession from Seulgi. She had expected to share her own revelations first, but now she was caught off guard. Her heart raced as she tried to process what Seulgi was saying.

Seulgi continued, "Irene, I want to let go of the romantic feelings I had for you. I want to be the little sister that you adored, just like when we were young. I want to support you, be your friend, and make our friendship stronger."

Irene's mind was a whirlwind of emotions. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Seulgi, the girl who had loved her for so long, was now willing to let go of those feelings for the sake of their friendship. Irene's heart ached at the thought of Seulgi's sacrifice.