Chapter 36 Unveiling Love

Irene had stayed true to her promise, unwavering in her determination to win back Seulgi's trust. She had poured her heart and soul into showing Seulgi just how much she cared. There were countless little moments that demonstrated Irene's sincerity – the surprise breakfasts, the handwritten notes, the late-night conversations, and the countless 'I love yous' whispered into Seulgi's ear.

However, despite all her efforts, Seulgi remained guarded. She appreciated Irene's gestures, and her heart had softened over time, but she couldn't bring herself to utter those three words, "I love you." The scars from the past ran deep, and she was afraid of opening herself up to the possibility of getting hurt again.

But after five months of Irene's unwavering dedication, Seulgi had a plan of her own. She wanted to show Irene just how much her efforts meant to her, to express her feelings in a way that words alone couldn't convey.

With the help of her Red Velvet members, Seulgi meticulously planned a surprise party for Irene. She invited Irene's parents, her sister, and her adorable niece, Angel, along with their CEO and their ever-supportive manager. It was a gathering of those who had witnessed the struggles and triumphs of their journey together.

The day of the surprise party arrived, and Irene was completely oblivious to the event Seulgi had organized. Seulgi had ensured that Irene would be distracted and out of the house for the day. She had enlisted the help of their members to decorate their shared space with twinkling fairy lights, vibrant balloons, and a lavish spread of Irene's favorite dishes.

As evening fell, Irene returned home, tired but unaware of the surprise awaiting her. She opened the door to a dimly lit room, her eyes widening in astonishment at the sight before her. The room was adorned with love, every detail carefully thought out to make her feel special.

The members and their guests shouted, "Surprise!" as Irene entered, and she couldn't help but gasp at the sheer effort that had gone into creating this magical moment. Her family, her colleagues, and her friends had gathered to celebrate, and she was overwhelmed with emotion.

Seulgi, dressed in a beautiful outfit that Irene had never seen before, stepped forward. She held a microphone in her hand, and as she looked at Irene, her eyes filled with love and gratitude.

The room fell silent as Seulgi began to sing a soul-stirring song. Her voice was pure and filled with emotion, each note resonating with sincerity and love. The lyrics spoke of second chances, of healing wounds, and of finding happiness after a long journey.

As Seulgi sang, Irene felt her heart swell with emotion. The words of the song touched her deeply, and she realized the depth of Seulgi's feelings. Tears welled up in her eyes as she watched Seulgi pour her heart into the performance.

When the song came to an end, Seulgi held Irene's hand, her eyes locked onto Irene's. Her voice was filled with emotion as she spoke, "Irene, these past five months have been a journey of healing and rediscovery for both of us. Your efforts, your love, have touched my heart in ways I can't express. I want to thank you for never giving up on us."

Irene's heart pounded in her chest as she listened to Seulgi's heartfelt words. She was moved beyond words, and her eyes glistened with unshed tears.

Seulgi continued, her voice trembling slightly, "I've realized that I want to trust you with my heart again, to let you in completely. Joohyun, I love you."

The room seemed to hold its breath as Seulgi's declaration hung in the air. It was the moment Irene had been waiting for, the words she had longed to hear. And then, as if the world had been set right, Seulgi said those three words that Irene had yearned for.

"I love you."

Happy tears streamed down Irene's face as she smiled through her emotions. Seulgi wiped away those tears gently, her thumb caressing Irene's cheek. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small velvet box.

Seulgi opened the box to reveal a delicate promise ring, a symbol of their commitment to each other. She slid the ring onto Irene's finger, and their eyes locked in a moment of profound connection.

Seulgi said " Hyun this is my promise ring to you. This will remind us what we went through to be together. In the presence of all people whom we adore and relay I want to ask you, Miss Irene Bae Joohyun, will you do the honour and be my girlfriend?

Irene who had her hands clasped with Seulgi couldn't control her beating heart and answered "YES!!! Yes my Seulgi Bear"

Seulgi smiled and took the ring and wear it in Irene's finger and Irene did the same to Seulgi.

Leaning closer, Seulgi pressed her lips to Irene's in a gentle, loving kiss. It was a kiss filled with promises, with the weight of their shared journey, and with the hope of a future together. The world around them faded away, and they were lost in their own world, their hearts finally in sync.

The room erupted in cheers and applause as the two women embraced, their love for each other radiating like a beacon. Their family and friends watched with joy and happiness, knowing that these two souls had found their way back to each other.

In that moment, as they held each other close, Irene and Seulgi knew that their love story was just beginning, a story of healing, rediscovery, and the enduring power of love.

"Love is not about finding someone to live with; it's about finding someone you can't imagine living without."