CHAPTER 23 Seulgi's Struggle (Part 1)

Mr. Lee, the CEO, called Seulgi's and gestured for her to remain in the room as the others left. Once the door closed behind the last member, he fixed his gaze on Seulgi with a mix of concern and compassion.

"Seulgi, there's something I need to talk to you about," Mr. Lee began, his tone serious.

Seulgi furrowed her brow, her thoughts racing. What could be so urgent that it couldn't be discussed in front of the other members? "Is something wrong, CEO?"

Mr. Lee took a deep breath before speaking, "I've recently learned about your health condition, Seulgi."

Seulgi's eyes widened in shock. Her heart pounded in her chest, and a lump formed in her throat. She had been keeping her diagnosis a closely guarded secret, sharing it only with her manager and her doctor. How had Mr. Lee found out?

"You... you know about it?" Seulgi stammered, her voice barely above a whisper.

Mr. Lee nodded solemnly. "Yes, your manager informed me. Seulgi, you have stage one cancer, and your doctor has strongly advised you to undergo surgery as soon as possible."

Seulgi's eyes welled up with tears as the reality of her situation hit her once again. She had been battling this illness in silence, trying to balance her treatment with her responsibilities as an idol. But now, her CEO knew, and the weight of the truth pressed down on her shoulders.

"I know it's a lot to take in," Mr. Lee continued gently. "But I urge you to reconsider your decision to delay the surgery. Your health should be your top priority."

Seulgi bit her trembling lip, tears streaming down her cheeks. She knew the risks of delaying the surgery, the potential side effects that could affect her ability to perform on stage – blurry vision, lack of balance, dizziness. But the thought of letting down her members and her fans by pulling out of the world tour was equally agonizing.

"CEO, I... I can't do the surgery right now," Seulgi whispered, her voice trembling. "The world tour means so much to us, and I can't bear to let everyone down. I want to give it my all, and then I promise I'll undergo the surgery."

Mr. Lee's expression was a mix of sympathy and concern. He reached out and gently placed a hand on Seulgi's shoulder. "Seulgi, I understand your dedication, but your health is at stake. Delaying the surgery could have serious consequences. I can't force you, but I strongly advise against it."

Seulgi wiped away her tears with a determined look in her eyes. "I know the risks, CEO, but I'm willing to take them. I've discussed it with my doctor, and we have a plan in place to manage any side effects during the tour. I don't want to burden the members with my problems or disappoint our fans."

Mr. Lee sighed, realizing the depth of Seulgi's commitment and the difficulty of dissuading her. "Very well, Seulgi. I won't force you, but I'll support your decision. We'll do everything we can to ensure your well-being during the tour. I'll also instruct the instructors to take special care of you during vocal and dance practices. Your health is our priority, too."

Seulgi's shoulders sagged with relief, and she gave a faint smile. "Thank you, CEO. I promise I'll give it my all during the tour, and we'll make it a success."