Chapter 17 Mom's affection

Seulgi was in her room in the dorm, looking out of the window with a distant expression. She had been given a week's rest to recover from her recent fainting episode and the diagnosis of stage one brain cancer. It was also her suspension from her company for being in a scandal. Though her CEO know it's fake he suspended her to make others believe in the news.

Seulgi's mind was heavy with the weight of her recent experiences. The confrontation with her group members, and now, the shocking diagnosis – it was all too much to bear. She wanted to confide in someone, to share her fears and doubts, but there was one person she needed to see first.

A week ago, when she received her diagnosis, Seulgi had decided to go home and talk to her mother about it. She knew it wouldn't be easy, especially since her mother had always held traditional beliefs about relationships and family. But she needed her mother's support now more than ever.

Seulgi's mother, a stern and traditional woman, had always been a pillar of strength in her life. She had worked tirelessly to raise her daughter, instilling in her the values of hard work and responsibility. But Seulgi had never been able to bring herself to tell her mother about her true self – that she was gay.

As Seulgi thought about the conversation she needed to have with her mother, she felt a mix of anxiety and determination. She needed her mother's understanding and acceptance, even if it meant revealing a truth that she had hidden for so long.

Just then, Seulgi's phone buzzed with a text message. It was her mother, asking if she was free to talk. Seulgi took a deep breath and replied, "I'll be home soon, Mom. We need to talk."

KANG FAMILY LIVING ROOM - EVENING

Seulgi entered her childhood home, her heart pounding in her chest. She found her mother sitting on the couch, her expression stern as she waited for her daughter.

MOTHER: (stern) Seulgi, you wanted to talk. What is it?

SEULGI: (nervous) Mom, I... I have something important to tell you.

Seulgi's mother eyed her suspiciously but nodded for her to continue.

SEULGI: (deep breath) Mom, I... I'm gay.

A tense silence filled the room as Seulgi's mother stared at her daughter, her eyes wide with disbelief.

MOTHER: (angry) What did you just say?

SEULGI: (teary-eyed) I'm gay, Mom. I've known it for a long time, but I was afraid to tell you.

MOTHER: (furious) How could you do this to our family, Seulgi? This is a disgrace!

SEULGI: (pleading) Mom, please try to understand. It's not a choice. It's who I am.

But Seulgi's mother wasn't willing to listen. She was too blinded by her anger and disappointment to see the pain in her daughter's eyes. In a fit of frustration, she raised her hand and slapped Seulgi across the face.