Chapter 3:Lan Xichen

"Good afternoon Wanyin! It's a pleasure to see you again." 

Jiang Cheng let out a small gasp. It had been so long since he saw Lan Xichen. 

"Huan Ge! er--good to--see you again too." 

He was sure he was as red as a tomato at the moment and to make matters worse his mother stepped in before hitting the back of his head with her hand.

"Mom!" 

"Where are your manners brat?" 

Lan Xichen chuckled before hugging Yu Ziyuan. "Oh dear, Xichen you have grown into a fine young man. So good to see you after such a long time." 

"You too Jiang Furen...er right! My mother will be here in a while. She did not ride with us as she had some business to take care of back at the gardens."

Jiang Cheng's' mother chuckled. "Your mother does love her gardens. It is no matter, come on in." 

Lan Xichen entered the house with a small suitcase at hand, with him entered Lan Wangji, Lan Qiren and...Wei Wuxian. 

Jiang Wanyin and Lan Xichen stood side by side as they watched their family greet each other. They were being completely ignored and...Jiang Cheng didn't really mind that. 

"So, how are you keeping up Wanyin? I haven't spoken to you in a...while." 

Lan Xichen asked and Jiang Cheng turned to face him, his treacherous face heating up once again. 

"Fine. School sucks, if only my dear brother wasn't there, everything would be perfect." Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes and strolled over to the kitchen, Lan Xichen at his heel. 

"I think Wei-Gongzi is a happy person to be around." 

"Tch! Happy? You wish. He's only happy around that idio--I mean Lan Wangji. Otherwise he's a complete. fucking. mess." 

Lan Xichen laughed before taking a seat on the tables near the kitchen counter. He watched Jiang Cheng made his way around the kitchen gathering pots and dishes, probably to make lunch. 

Jiang Cheng grabbed an apron from the far right drawer before putting it on and attempting to tie the strings behind him. He was never good when it came to tying knots. He blamed it on his father since he was never taught to tie knots. The boy heard a chuckled behind him before two large hands reached out and took the strings, wrapping them around his waist once before finally tying them. Jiang Cheng with no doubt was freaking out. He could feel Lan Xichen's breath on his neck. 

Oh!

He didn't dare turn around, he only did after he heard the pair of footsteps recede back to it's original spot. He abruptly turned around to face the older.

"Right! My mother will show you where you are going to stay I think." 

He turned back and continued his cooking, not waiting for Lan Xichen's response. He sighed of relief as he heard footsteps go into the living room. Goodness gracious! 

-------------

Lunch was over, everyone had chatted for a bit after before heading off to their respective rooms. That's when it his the Jiang that Lan Xichen was sharing his room. Lan Xichen was SHARING HIS ROOM!! His little brain could simply not process the thought just yet. There was a lot to discuss too. As where he would sleep. There was only one bed. ONE BED!!! They can't share a bed. And Jiang Cheng's room was pretty small, not too big. And seeing Lan xichen's size he could not sleep on the floor. What was his mother thinking?!!! But lucky for him the man was still talking with the elders so he had enough time to calm himself down---or...

An amazing idea formed in Jiang Cheng's brain. Well--an idea that would work for now. 

The boy ran up to his room and went into the bathroom quickly getting ready for bed. He hoped that by the time he finished he could at least pretend to sleep. Jiang Cheng quickly put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirts. He can't stand sleeping in pants, it only made it more uncomfortable that it should be. 

Buuuut, by the time he finished getting ready and got out of the bathroom, the door to his room clicked and in came Lan Xichen with his suitcase. The younger froze not knowing what to do. 

"I am sorry to intrude, Aunty said that I will be...staying...with you for the time being...yes?" Lan Xichen waited for a response from the younger. 

"Er--yea, yea, umm make yourself comfortable." 

Lan Xichen smiled before setting his suitcase on a far corner and got out a little bag, and went into the bathroom to change presumably. 

Jiang Cheng took a deep breathe in...and a deep breath out. Calming his heart in the process. "It's ok my little heart, just slow down, take slow beats yea. It's just a crush. It's just Lan Xichen. Right?" Jiang Cheng whispered to himself as he slipped into the covers of his bed and took out his phone and set an alarm for tomorrow. Despite it being summer break he still had to work.

Lan Xichen came out and sat on the bed and to Jiang Wanyin's utter surprise his stupid mouth had spoke without his permission...again. 

"I am sorry Lan Huan. We only have two guest rooms and Mother does not trust my brother and your brother, so she gave the two rooms to your uncle and brother, and of course you can't sleep in mother and fathers room so the only other room you can sleep in is...mine...but if you are uncomfortable, I can definitely---" 

"No. I am completely fine. In fact I was hoping this would be the case." 

What was that? The room filled with awkward silence before Jiang Cheng looked away blushing furiously.

"I-er think we should sleep now. It is late." 

"Yes me too. I have work tomorrow." 

Jiang Cheng turned off the lights and sighed. But he was not calm...not calm at all. He was fully and completely aware of the body next to him and his heart simply would not stop beating so fast. But Lan Xichen was definitely asleep as he heard his breathing even out. He was astonished. The man just laid down and he was already asleep. He lightly chuckled before closing his eyes at least attempting sleep. And he did before a large hand wrapped around his waist yanking him against a hard surface...well not a hard surface. His body immediately turned hot as he was NEVER this close to Lan Xichen. But the older did not utter a word and he seemed to be asleep too. Did he have a practice of grabbing people in his arms when sleeping or something? Nevertheless it did the charm. Being in his arms just felt...right and his eyes got heavy, indicating he was tired. 

And Jiang Cheng fell asleep, passing out like a tired child.