Chapter 22: Thoughts

Lan Xichen watched as Jiang Cheng walked in front of him with Jin Ling in his arms. The younger man cooed at the baby and smiled and Jin Ling laughed in turn. His long hair flowed in the wind and Lan Xichen sighed in content watching them. In the end, they took a walk in the park after trying out different places. They had lost Lu Ya and Su Yang a while ago but he had not told Jiang Cheng, he wanted this to last a bit longer. 

He fastened his pace so he was next to the younger man and watched as Jiang Cheng turned to look at him. 

"A-Cheng." 

"Yea?" 

"Shall we go get dinner?" Lan Huan hopefully asked, his puppy eyes sparkling and Jiang Cheng sighed. 

"What about Jin Ling? It's getting late too." Lan Xichen looked at Jin Ling who giggled and faced his 'baba'. 

"Shall we eat dinner my heart?" He cooed at the baby and reached his arms out to Jin Ling who almost jumped into Lan Xichens embrace. 

"Baba!" He cheerfully sighed and giggled into his arms, his tiny frame covered by Lan Xichens big ones. A bought of laughter erupted from the baby making Lan Xichen laugh and Jiang Cheng sigh but he knew he had slipped up too. 

"I swear, he likes you too much." 

"That's because I'm likeable, A-Cheng...everyone likes me." The older man says with a pause and Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes. But he couldn't help but feel that Lan Xichen was right. Everyone did like him. There hasn't been a place he has gone to with Xichen and they haven't liked him. It was frustrating since he liked him too a lot, too much to be honest. It was an overwhelming feeling. Especially since Jiang Wanyin hasn't ever liked anyone this much. Liking someone so much that your heart hurts to not be near that -- that is scary. 

The younger isn't even sure if Lan Xichen even likes him back. There's gotta be a time he can confess or at least get something out. These feelings can't be stuck in there forever. 

"A-Cheng." Lan Huan called out to Jiang Cheng his face worried. "Are you alright? You zoned out a bit." 

"Huh? Oh -- yea...just thinking." 

----------

Authors note: I do apologize for not posting more quickly. We just moved to a new house and I had some work to do unpacking and everything and there's school on the other hand so this weekend was busy. Especially with Halloween and all that fiesta. But now that that's over I can return to writing. I'm feeling quite out of my mood and might end up writing some totally different Xicheng Oneshots on my page idk. But this chapter is very short its just a filler chapter but expect a better one sometime soon. 

<3