Chapter 25: My Love, Mine All Mine

"Let's go?"

"Hm."

Jiang Cheng cupped Jin Ling's face and pressed a chaste kiss to his forehead.

"I'll be back soon A-Ling."

Jin Ling giggled and waddled over to his Uncle Wuxian as Jiang Cheng was led out by Lan Xichen.

Jin Ling excitedly pointed in their direction and Wei Wuxian smiled "We can't go with them today Jin Ling. Today's the day. Today's their day." 

- - - - - -

Jiang Cheng shivered and pulled Lan Xichens coat closer around him. It was almost Christmas and it was dearly cold outside. Yesterday Lan Xichen had asked him if he wanted to go out today and Jiang Cheng -- unknowingly, agreed and they were now walking to their favorite park. It was the first park they went together with Jin Ling and Jiang Cheng adored it. It was right on top of a cliff and the view from the edge was breathtaking.

Something was different about today. Although the wind was howling he felt hot. His heart felt hot as he walked with Lan Xichen, their shoulders brushing every once in a while. Oh how perfect he was. Jiang Cheng had always adored him from afar and even standing next to him now felt like a dream. Sometimes he would wonder if this was all a dream and he would one day wake up and find everything he held close gone. 

Lan Xichen had not looked at him the entire way. He was slightly worried but he figured he could take whatever was about to me thrown at him. Jiang Cheng quietly stood behind the railing looking over the sunset. He had been so busy recently he had no time to do any of the things he wanted to. This was a breath of fresh air. 

A pair of arms wrapped around his waist and Jiang Cheng pulled in a sharp breath. His heart was beating erratically. Somehow he had anticipated this. He felt Lan Xichen take a deep breath. 

"Lan Xi--" 

"I have something to tell you." Lan Xichen said. They were the first words said to him on their long way here. 

Jiang Cheng stayed silent, afraid to say anything. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I waited more than a decade, A-Cheng. I'm scared -- but I can't wait anymore." 

His shoulder was wet. Lan Xichen was crying. And unbeknownst to him, his tears fell too. 

"I love you." 

A sob escaped Jiang Cheng's mouth and he turned around to look at Lan Xichens face. Jiang Cheng was sure he had never been looked at with so much love before. His sobs came out painfully. All the pent up frustration was finally let out. He felt relieved. He felt happy. He felt complete. He in turn wrapped his arms around Lan Xichens waist and hugged him. His face wedged in Lan Xichens chest. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I love you too, Huan Ge -- so much"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Authors Note: I usually have super long confession scenes but for this one i kinds wanted to go with something that was short but expressed the sincerity and emotions, feelings of the character well. But in the end I hope it pleased you guys. 

Happy Christmas my babies. 

<3