Chapter 30: Breakfast with the Fam

Lan Xichen parked his car in the garage and lifted Jin Ling in his arms. 

"Shall we eat breakfast, my heart?" Jin Ling grinned and Lan Xichen smiled before making his way to the front door. He didn't fail to notice the car parked outside the fence. 

"Is someone here?" Lan Xichen furrowed his brows before entering the house. 

"A-Cheng!" He yelled gently, waiting for a response but instead of his lover two little kids, a bit older than Jin Ling came running to him. 

"Xichen Gege." Two giggly voices chided and Lan Xichen's eyes widened. 

"Sizhui? Jingyi?" 

"Xichen Gege!!" They repeated waiting to be picked up. Lan Xichen smiled before letting Jin Ling climb onto his neck and once he was secure he lifted up the other two. 

Sizhui and Jingyi were kids at the daycare Jin Ling goes to. Xichen had met them once when he was off to pick Jin Ling up and got to know their parents too. They had hit it off instantly and the kids really loved Xichen. 

Jiang Cheng rushed out of the kitchen and to his boyfriend. "Ah Xichen, you're back. Ban Yue and Gu Wei decided to pay a visit. They brought the kids too." Jiang Cheng smiled and Lan Xichen smiled back. 

"Let's go." 

He walked into the living room to find the couple sitting by the breakfast counter. 

"Oh Xichen! You didn't have to carry all of them." Ban Yue immediately said as she saw her sons being carried by Lan Xichen. 

Lan Xichen only chuckled. "It's ok. let them have fun." 

He gently let the two twins down along with Jin Ling who rushed with the two to the living room to play.

"This is a unexpected surprise." Lan Xichen stated as he took the empty spot next to Gu Wei who chuckled. "Jiang Cheng called this morning and asked if we were free for breakfast." 

"Well it's great your here now. Jin Ling has been quite lonely since daycare was cancelled the last couple of days." 

"Sizhui was really sad that he wouldn't get to see Jin Ling again. Jingyi on the other hand is - a tough one." The parents said.

"He's a good kid. But he's sassy." Jiang Cheng replied and Ban Yue smiled, nodding.

"I'm not much of a cooker, so don't blame me if the food tastes like trash." Jiang Cheng joked making the others smile. 

"I'm sure it's fine." 

"Oh you'll love it. A-Cheng's cooking is the best." Lan Xichen grinned delighted as food was placed before him. He wasted no time in gobbling it up. The couple watched wide eyed at how fast Lan Xichen was able to eat. Jiang Cheng who inwardly sighed, took a seat beside his lover and nudged his arm. 

"Don't mind him, he's - quite the eater." 

"Oh you haven't seen how my husband eats at home. He's only eating like this because we're outside." 

"Ban Yue!" Gu Wei whined as his wife giggled.