Chapter 8: Jealousy???

"Look A-Cheng. Lan-Da-Ge is sulking over there!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed at Jiang Cheng making him frown. Indeed Lan Xichen was sitting over at the table playing with his straw as if he was bored...a tiny pout played on his lips. 

"He's jealous~" Wei Wuxian teased making Jiang Cheng hit his brother's head. Jealous? Lan Xichen? It didn't seem possible. 

This morning Jiang Cheng, Wei Wuxian, and Huang Zixun had planned a trip to the amusement park as a little congratulations for the brothers as they had both passed the test with flying colors. Their mother has let them go on one condition...they must have a chaperone. And their first thought was to ask Lan Wangji to go but they knew that their mother would never allow that. If Wei Wuxian was there trouble was sure to follow. Madam Yu was going to take them herself but lucky for them Lan Xichen volunteered saying he had a free day that day. And so the four had set off to the amusement park in Lan Xichen's car. 

"So, your Lan Xichen?" Zixun asked the older man and he nodded his face indifferent. 

"A-Cheng told me a lot about you." The intimate name made Lan Xichen flinch but he said not a word but simply focused on driving. This was the quietest Jiang Cheng had seen Lan Xichen. The man was as sort of a....golden retriever. Always playing about, talking and laughing. There wasn't a time he wasn't. Right now Jiang Cheng could see the veins popping off of Lan Xichen's arms. He was not happy.

The tension was thick and Wei Wuxian was snickering in the corner and Jiang Cheng was simply frowning like always. 

"You must be...Huang Zixun?" 

"I am."

"I do thank you for tutoring our dear Wanyin. He passed with highest scores." 

Zixun smiled. "Of course. It was my duty." 

"You should consider being a teacher. It would really match your temperament." 

The man noticed the shade behind the words but paid no heed to them instead he smiled and said he was considering it as an option. 

Lucky for them though the amusement park was close by and it was a short drive. Jiang Cheng had never felt more relieved, getting out of the car. The three made their way into the park and Jiang Wanyin could feel Lan Xichen's presence behind him, and a burning gaze was surely piercing his skull. 

"Jiang Cheng!" Huang Zixun called out to him and Jiang Cheng ran over stopping by the others side. He felt his brother slide back and to Lan Xichen. The two were walking and a large smile was plastered onto Wei Wuxian's face. Jealousy hit Jiang Cheng like a brick. Despite not being able to hear at all what they were talking about, Jiang Wanyin's entire attention was on them. 

"Did you get that?" Huang Zixun asked and Jiang Cheng snapped back to reality. 

"Huh!?" He exclaimed making Zixun sigh. "Earth to Jiang Cheng. Everything ok?" 

Jiang Cheng didn't answer. But his friend got the hitch. "Your jealous." Huang Zixun said. 

"No!" Jiang Cheng instantly went to his defense but his friend can see right through him. "I...am not." 

Huang Zixun chuckled before swinging his arms around Jiang Cheng's shoulder. "So we shall make him jealous too then." he said and dragged a confused Jiang Cheng with him. 

---------------------------

The plan went well...according to Huang Zixun and Wei Wuxian. Jiang Cheng was so confused as to why Lan Xichen would be jealous. When he asked Wei Wuxian simply rubbed his forehead and said, "Fucking dumb bitch" making Jiang Cheng hit him once more that day. Exactly what was he missing. What did they see that he missed? Nevertheless it didn't matter as he didn't see Lan Xichen again that day. The older man had moved back to his condo after a week. He said he didn't want to trouble them anymore but Jiang Cheng didn't buy it, he knew Lan Huan loved his family and their company...for some reason.

But his concerns right now were work. His first day was today and he was nervous as hell. Never had he expected to work at a bar, nevertheless a bartender. His dreams had come true. Or at least...partially. 

He grabbed his purse and his phone before heading out his bedroom and downstairs. 

"Where are you going A-Cheng?" Jiang Cheng's mother asked as she sat on the couch scrolling through her phone. 

"Er-work mom. Why?" 

"Don't you have morning shifts?" Jiang Cheng rubbed his head. He was bout to get a head ache. 

"No! They changed my schedule last week. Now I leave in the evening." 

Jiang Cheng bid farewell to his mother before rushing out of the house. That was a close call! He would've been dead if his mother caught him. 

Despite being this old Jiang Wanyin was not allowed to drive yet. It was a ridiculous rule to be honest. His dear brother had Lan Wangji as a personal driver so he could honestly go wherever he wanted whenever he wanted but it wasn't the same for him. He didn't have some rich boyfriend who could drive him around everyday. He instead took taxi's or walked most of the time. He liked to think he was way less spoiled that his bratty brother. 

But in this case he would not be able to walk. The bar was downtown and downtown was far away from his house. Downtown was too far too walk so a taxi was his only choice. 

There were a countless possibilities going through his mind as to what his first day might look. Those countless possibilities haunted Jiang Wanyin's mind as the taxi led him downtown and to the bar. He took a deep breathe before entering. 

"Hi! I'm here for work." Jiang Cheng put a smile on his face before walking over to the back counter.