Chapter 16: Fast forward a couple of years

Authors note: The chapter and the story from now on are literally the title. I realized I fucked up the storyline with Jiang Yanli's pregnancy. Jin Ling was supposed to be in the story when Jiang Cheng was 25 which would be in like 3 years but I messed up so now let's just pretend that Jiang Yanli wasn't even pregnant until now. So chapter 14 didn't happen until 3 years after Jiang Cheng graduated. :) sorry :(

------------

Jiang Cheng did not expect his life to turn out like this. It wasn't anything bad he just didn't expect that he would end up working where he is right now. 

After graduating of course he needed a sufficient job that paid well and would keep him busy. Obviously he did not choose the bar. It would've been a very nice pursuit but the moment his parents found out he was doomed. And he had a business degree. There could be something he could do with it. 

Thats where Wei Wuxian came in. His brother had helped him find a suitable job and intern there. They sat down in his room one evening, a couple weeks after graduating, and Wei Ying had an organized list of jobs and positions that he could get with his resume and achievements. He had to admit his brother was really good at this. They had looked through it and to his surprise Lan Xichen's company was listed on there too. When Jiang Cheng inquired about it his brother just shrugged his shoulders and urged him to consider it.  

The Gusu Lan company did pay very well. He fit the criteria for their newest position and--it didn't seem like a bad option. There were other good ones as well so he might as well do an interview for more than one job...plan B doesn't hurt. 

That evening after deciding on the job he had contacted the companies and he was listed for an interview the next day. He told his mother and father about it and they were enthusiastic. His mother especially when she heard the name "Gusu Lan". 

The next day was a Friday and first Jiang Cheng went to Death Co, a firm located East of the city. It wasn't too far from home and his mother would be happy to know that. He was surprised to see so many people waiting in line for the interview. Needless to say the interview went well. If all was right he might get a position in Death Co. 

And finally there was Gusu Lan. It was quite far from home and it would be a LONG walk to get there. And if he did get a job--DID...he would most likely have to start taking the bus. And oh! There were flocks, crowds, fleets, groups, herds of people lined up. He knew Gusu Lan was popular, they were one of the biggest companies the the market right now. And they were a fashion designer store. There were tons of kids who majored in fashion and are in the hunt for a job. In theory Gusu Lan would be a good place to start. 

There were multiple job openings down. The one Jiang Cheng was opting for was a marketing graphic designer. There was no way he was going to get a job related to actually making dresses. He had literally no sense of style and it was not going to work out. On the contrary he quite liked drawing and sketching and the visual aspect of things. 

The interview with Gusu Lan went good as well. He hoped things would go well and Jiang Wanyin would be content with whatever job he got. 

And he was. A  few days later he had gotten an email from Gusu Lan saying he had passed and that he was ready to come in to work on Monday. That was his first job. Jiang Cheng was an intern for 3 months before attaining his position in the company. There was another boy, Su Yang who had also got the job alongside him. There were two opening. It seemed they really needed help. 

Jiang Cheng was now officially 25. Today was December, it marked Jiang Chengs third year of working at Gusu Lan. Everything was going smoothly. 9 months ago his sister had announced that she was pregnant. Everyone was ecstatic and little baby Jin Ling was due in a week. Only a week. 

Things were amazing at the moment but everything was going to change.